PDA

View Full Version : Megane 2.0 16v into r5

ash clio gtt
22-03-2007, 20:38
wonder if anyone can help with this one. I want to put a 2.0 16v engine from a megane into my Renault 5, I know that when fitting megane engine into a valver they tend to stick with the valver head and dizzy arrangement, but if I was to use the megane block and head with megane ecu and wiring loom will it all work or is there an impassable immobiliser that’s going to prevent me from doing this.

also I understand the megane inlet manifold is different, does anyone have a picture of this so I can see if it will fit in the r5 bay, and is the megane manifold cast or tubular?

Andy P
22-03-2007, 20:59
I think you have to use a R19 inlet manifold on this conversion mate. Have you got a engine already? Not think it would be easier to use a Williams engine?

ash clio gtt
22-03-2007, 21:06
I think you have to use a R19 inlet manifold on this conversion mate. Have you got a engine already? Not think it would be easier to use a Williams engine?

well i would eventualy like to go for throttle boddies and stand alone management hence wanting to keep the megane head. also megane engines are alot cheaper to buy then the crazy prices williams engines go for

Andy P
22-03-2007, 21:08
Yeah true. There is a video kicking around with a black hill climb F7R powered R5 on tbs, sounds good and goes like **** :P

Something ive always wanted to do, ive got the engine........... :P

ash clio gtt
22-03-2007, 21:16
Yeah true. There is a video kicking around with a black hill climb F7R powered R5 on tbs, sounds good and goes like f**k :P

Something ive always wanted to do, ive got the engine........... :P

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/23009R5.wmv

that one?

yeah i aim to build a track demon. just purchased a rust free r5 campus for £250 as a starting point. will be transfering my clio 16v front suspension and rear beam onto it shortly for the time being then have williams wide track in mind at a later date.

MAXIBOY
22-03-2007, 21:16
think bb did an F7R turbo into a r5. would be easier to use the megane stuff if keeping the megane head as the clio stuff doesn,t fit. different cam covers manifolds etc. don,t think the megane inlet manifold is any bigger than the clio item though as i,ve seen one in a clio.

Smudger
22-03-2007, 21:46
i had an R5 with an F7P in it and it was a snug fit

the bloke who did the conversion for me also had one with an F7P but had the supersprint manifold fitted so pretty sure you could use the Williams manifold aswell

exhaust wise you can use the clio exhaust and just adjust it to fit, actually i might have even had a 5 turbo exhaust on mine

ash clio gtt
22-03-2007, 21:50
i had an R5 with an F7P in it and it was a snug fit

the bloke who did the conversion for me also had one with an F7P but had the supersprint manifold fitted so pretty sure you could use the Williams manifold aswell

exhaust wise you can use the clio exhaust and just adjust it to fit, actually i might have even had a 5 turbo exhaust on mine

yeah i know it fits and for the exhaust i want a mongoose clio one, will just have to chop 10" off it to make it fit.

Clio_GTT
22-03-2007, 21:56
I'm pretty sure i could get it to work mate, just need to make sure that there isn't an immobiliser thats gonna stop me :D yo ole multi-meter will come in handy 8)

Andy P
22-03-2007, 22:45
Id love to do this actually, would be a bit different.

I take it the clio front end would fit then?

ash clio gtt
22-03-2007, 23:43
Id love to do this actually, would be a bit different.

I take it the clio front end would fit then?

yeah the clio subframe and 16v suspension will fit, if not i will make it fit :D

MAXIBOY
22-03-2007, 23:52
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/DSCF1249.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/DSCF0840.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/DSCF0839.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/66_2.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/123maxiboy/66_1.jpg

some shots

Dancliovalver
22-03-2007, 23:55
http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/videos/videos.asp

look at the A14 videos :twisted:

u33db
24-03-2007, 10:49
wonder if anyone can help with this one. I want to put a 2.0 16v engine from a megane into my Renault 5, I know that when fitting megane engine into a valver they tend to stick with the valver head and dizzy arrangement, but if I was to use the megane block and head with megane ecu and wiring loom will it all work or is there an impassable immobiliser that’s going to prevent me from doing this.

also I understand the megane inlet manifold is different, does anyone have a picture of this so I can see if it will fit in the r5 bay, and is the megane manifold cast or tubular?

I have an rsi engine in my R5 so can help a bit.

You'll basically be in the same situation as if you were wanting to put the megane lump in a clio...i.e all the same wiring issues. Bang a valver head on as its not a massive job to change the R5 black plug out and rewire a brown plug in to imitate a clio setup.

Inlet wise, the megane one is a bit bigger than a clio one but IIRC a clio one will fit so you might get away with it if you go that route. If worst comes to the worst just chop and leave the slam panel as its not structural.

Megane manifold is tubular but again, stick with a clio item as i'd expect the downpipes would be of different length and you dont want it scraping the ground.

Exhaust on mine - i've got a gtt centre section mated up to the rsi downpipe - it almost was a direct fit bar the GTT centre section needing a flange welded on. The same will apply for a 16v/megane engine.

Hope this helps.

ash clio gtt
24-03-2007, 18:41

I have an rsi engine in my R5 so can help a bit.

You'll basically be in the same situation as if you were wanting to put the megane lump in a clio...i.e all the same wiring issues. Bang a valver head on as its not a massive job to change the R5 black plug out and rewire a brown plug in to imitate a clio setup.

Inlet wise, the megane one is a bit bigger than a clio one but IIRC a clio one will fit so you might get away with it if you go that route. If worst comes to the worst just chop and leave the slam panel as its not structural.

Megane manifold is tubular but again, stick with a clio item as i'd expect the downpipes would be of different length and you dont want it scraping the ground.

Exhaust on mine - i've got a gtt centre section mated up to the rsi downpipe - it almost was a direct fit bar the GTT centre section needing a flange welded on. The same will apply for a 16v/megane engine.

Hope this helps.

yeah would be easier with a valver head but would rather keep the megane head as i will be wanting to go throttle bodies at a later date. think i will just try get the megane engine working in there with megane ecu, worst comes to worst ill have to buy a valver head to put on and store the megane head for when i get stand alone management and throttle bodies