PDA

View Full Version : valver problem!

danlondon
22-03-2007, 15:52
Hey i was told to come on here and ask for some help im a member on cliosport.
Had my valver break down the other night and was stuck in the middle of nowhere for hours .
I was doing a 3point turn quickly and seemed like i stalled the car then when i tried restart it,it wouldnt. tried like untold times but i wouldnt start then there was no spark and when i turned the ignition on i couldnt hear the fuel pump priming. But the starter motor ran over fine. Got a tow to the nearest town. was goning to leave the car there then thought id try it one more time (this was about 2 hours later)
And it started up and drove home fine like nothing was wrong that was on monday night and its been fine since...but i dont trust it now.
Ive been told that it could be the crank shaft sensor but would this stop the fuel pump priming and would it randomly start working again?

Any help would be realy good cheers guys.

bluenose
22-03-2007, 15:59
Sounds like it maybe an immobiliser fault if the fuel pump isnt priming. :?

danlondon
22-03-2007, 16:34
yea thats what i was kinda thinking but would it still turn over? if it were that?
I have a toad alarm ect and it all seemed to be working fine ect the alarm did keep going off tho after that happened but the green light ect came on so looked like it was working :? Its weird...

Imperial_16v
22-03-2007, 16:58
When my alarm went funny, it wouldn't make any noise. No priming of the fuel pump or turn over. An auto electrician was like, "Yeah defo a dead ECU". So before being fooled I fiddled with some stuff on my fob and managed to get her just to constantly turn over but not fire. Turns out, the immobiliser (although showing as off on the dash) was stuck on. Hence no starting. When you were trying to start her, was the battery light illuminated on the dash?

Got a certified installer of the immobiliser out anyway and ~ £60 later a fixed fuse/relay was the issue. :D All is well! This was a few month ago, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that it's the same for you.

danlondon
22-03-2007, 17:10
yea the lights were all on as normal and the started motor turned over but just had no spark and couldnt hear the fuel pump prime

danlondon
23-03-2007, 00:02
bump

danlondon
25-03-2007, 21:18
promlem sorted!!! It happened again i guess i needed it to so i could tell what it was lol
Seems to be one of two of the relays when i tap distirb them it seems to work fine.