PDA

View Full Version : Howdy/Few questions

Marko
12-02-2005, 23:44
First off, Im new to Williams ownership so hello everyone!

Right, seeing as Im new to clios I have a few quick questions;

1. My car currently has a K&N induction kit fitted and while this sounds awesome, I can't help but think its not helping much by sucking in hot air from the engine bay. Sooo what do you boys and girls recommend? Panel filter w/std airbox or maybe an enclosed cone filter setup like a hillpower, bmc or even a viper (are these worth the high prices?)

2. Brake discs need changing soon on the front, torn between std discs or those Brembo Max things - anyone have experience of them? Can't decide on std or pagid pads either lol

3. Think the baffles in my Prima racing backbox are going/gone west, so gonna change this aswell soon. Looking at a Mongoose cat-back system but anyone recommend something better?

Cheers

KingStromba
12-02-2005, 23:48
Howdy, welcome to the site.

1. Standard airbox with panel filter

2. Standard brakes are fine for road use, they are very good brakes

3. Mongoose is very loud. If you want something quieter maybe go to powerflow and get a custom one. Recently i paid for a standard system. Depends if noise / power / originality are important to you. Kelly has a mongoose system i think, so ask her.

summeh
13-02-2005, 01:54
A lot of us have ITG panel filter replacements, they are foam, and are pretty good.

Standard airbox is always better than those shite bolt on k&n jobbies. Unless you're gonna spend a few 100quid on a ram air or something then stick with standard air box. It gets its feed from the wheel arch, which is a high pressure region (someone did some testing i remember reading a while ago).

summeh
13-02-2005, 01:57
Not a prima gold back box per chance is it? i've got that on the back of mine, looks pucka.

FATBOY
13-02-2005, 02:09
welcome pal to the site!!!! ask northy hes the brains#!!!!!

katbloke
13-02-2005, 10:35
welcome to the site mate i too am a new willy owner but i have a panel filter, standard brakes are awesome cant say on exhaust i have a decatted bbtuning stainless jobby

J o n
13-02-2005, 10:49
Use the standard airbox, I have a K&N and open IK's like you say, just suck in hot air.

The Brembo Max are quality, I have those on the front and standard rears on mine and they are quality. As for zorsts Powerflow or Maxnex seem to be the best.

Marko
13-02-2005, 12:34
Cool thanks for the replies.

Think I'll get a performance filter and stick the airbox back on in that case, see how it changes things. Quite like the look of the Hillpower enclosed IK though so might look into them a bit more in a few months.

Brakes wiseI'll probably go for std discs and Pagid pads for now, as King Stromba said they are very good brakes anyway! Previous owner fitted Goodridge brake hoses aswell so I suppose there isn't any need for an overkill yet :lol:

Dunno what exhaust model it is, I was just told it was a Prima Racing SS cat-back with a de-cat pipe aswell. Sounds awesome but its beginning to buzz so baffles are on their way out. I can get a Mongoose for £205 so it does seem pretty tempting. Had 2 Powerflows before and while they've been good, I've not been overly impressed with the worksmanship so fancy trying an 'off the shelf' jobbie instead this time. Magnex are cool mind so will have a toss-up between the two I think.