PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Problem - PLease Help!

1995clio16v
19-03-2007, 22:49
As above, problem with my sunroof on my 16v which I know are a weak point.

First problem Ive ever had with it.

I came to open it tonight and as it started to tilt upwards it started making a horrible clicking noise and it now won't close.

Are these on some sort of a ratchet system?

It's just clicking like mad with hardly any movement.

Looking either side where the pin sits in the guide (if this makes sense) they aren't in the same position either side. They don't look in tandom, i.e left and right side. One is at the front the other at the back. Ive tried to get them even but no joy.

I hope this makes sense, any tips?

Does it sound as though something is shafted?

Cheers
Leigh.

Allan
19-03-2007, 23:00
i had the same with mine, in the end i settled for forcing it back down by hand and then closing it !!

as it was shafted :/

1995clio16v
19-03-2007, 23:06
So it's shagged then?

Expensive?

Ive pretty much forced it back down by hand.

I just hope it doesnt rain tonight! Will have a better look tomorrow.

Everything was going so well with her at the moment. A run for a long time withoutany probs and bang!

FATBOY
19-03-2007, 23:10
wait and see if youve had any more replies tomorrow mate! im sure some other members on here may be able to shed some light...

1995clio16v
19-03-2007, 23:14
Cheers Fatboy,

You know what it's like, when something goes wrong you want an answer yesterday if you're unsure!

I'll be waiting.

8)

Allan
19-03-2007, 23:38
well i managed to push mine back into the rails but every time i opened it, it just jammed again and always at the same point, so i just sealed it up ! :D
and never used it

Swervin_Mervin
19-03-2007, 23:56
If you take the console off and then look at teh motor you'll see a hex slot in the middle. Push it and then try it again.

Mine would work again for a bit. TBH though I think it's the wind mechanism. Looks like two springs that the cog sits between and I think they wear out. Well expensive for new parts from Renault so best bet is 2nd hand.

MatBrown
20-03-2007, 02:20
My guess would be the teeth have worn out on your motor, get a replacement and try that.

Mat.

bass_direct
20-03-2007, 03:32
if you need a replacement, MatBrown has one.

Scougar
20-03-2007, 08:11
Mine is exactly the same :( Haven't go around to removing anything yet to check which parts need replacing though.

Matthew

Ric Norris
21-03-2007, 01:46
Mine has just done that, in the end a nice bit of gaffer tape has sealed it up nicely and all the worry has gone.