PDA

View Full Version : Will i notice the difference?

simonr85
19-03-2007, 12:54
When i put a de-cat on will i notice the difference performance wise and sound wise (will it be louder)

Also what sort of gains are to be had from a de-cat and is any make of decat better than the others? its for a willi 1

jwarren2k2
19-03-2007, 19:16
you will notice a slight difference in performance. you will gain realisticly about 5bhp i should think. And yes it will be louder, the noise will be different each time you start the car for the first week or two, but will eventually stay the same when its all carbon'd up!

James

VIPERONE
19-03-2007, 20:41
low down torque will be down... however at 50+ you will notice the difference.. the DB will be up somewhat

richy
19-03-2007, 21:27
i recently refitted the cat to my 16v, ran it on test day today and there was a noticable lack of top end power! it dont pull as good now!

when i fitted the cat didnt notice any difference to low down power, just lacks top end

1.8 16v btw

1995clio16v
19-03-2007, 22:54
I suppose everyone's experience is different.

I went from a standard renault system to a mongoose full system inc cat replacement pipe.

I noticed more torque low down and even more further up the rev range. The pull is so much harder.

I was so surprised and did not think there would be as much increase as there actually is!

Im very impressed. Noise wise I couldnt help there as I went from standard.

Its not too loud tootling round but pretty loud 50mph+

My only dissapointment is it's lost a lot of the pure induction grumble.

Allan
19-03-2007, 23:09
+ with decat it will get louder over time as you blow those baffles out lol :D

Allan
19-03-2007, 23:11
ps my mongoose sounds awesome, just way too loud, hence why its in the garden and i have a scorp on now lol much more refined for my nice quiet area !?!

unless you look at that pic where andy valver gets caught on camera as that pug thats on fire lives on my road :S and has a stupid exhaust

Punkymuffin
26-03-2007, 12:15
I got standard willy 2 jus a filter, my bros got same but wit decat an pulls away little bit bout car length wen havin tear up 8)

AmDaMan
26-03-2007, 13:14
My top end definitely opened up more, but lost a bit of low down torque.

Ali
26-03-2007, 13:21
Mines very quiet...Until you boot it.

Rob72
28-03-2007, 19:21
When i put a de-cat on will i notice the difference performance wise and sound wise (will it be louder)

Also what sort of gains are to be had from a de-cat and is any make of decat better than the others? its for a willi 1

imo.. all the gains are to be had at the top end of the rev range, im runnin a magnex cat back system which i prefer because the power delivery is more spread out.

Crossers
05-04-2007, 11:30
The mongoose run with a decat will last a while, mine lasted about 3yrs until the baffles in the mid section and backbox started to rattle like hell as they are only spot welded in!!

Got it repaired for next to nothing though.

Paul

Daz.
05-04-2007, 15:18
Get a Powerflow system made up and a true sports cat on - for me its the best balance of power/noise levels plus you have to do sweet fa come mot time.