PDA

View Full Version : door is on the wonk

freebone16v
19-03-2007, 00:14
opened it tonight and the wind took it, it went right back pretty quickly

i shut the door and went into the gf's, when i came home i got in and closed the door, it didn't close properly, and then again when i got out when i got home, it seems to be hanging low..

any ideas?

an02rew
19-03-2007, 01:13
maybe just the hinges needing tightened slightly if it has dropped, not having much luck with the clio nowadays are you neil? lol, first the alloys, then this.

northy
19-03-2007, 09:26
New door pins will sort this mate - NLRG's door has dropped aswell.

freebone16v
19-03-2007, 09:27
i know andrew, its lots of little things

northy - it just happened last night in the wind, its not like it happened over time, i am going to try and lift the door today...gently

northy
19-03-2007, 09:30
Oh - i get u

Probally bent the hinge as u say then lol. Go easy on it mate

freebone16v
19-03-2007, 10:19
just had a look and if the door pins are the 2 bolts above and below the hinge it looks like its there, that is where i think the play is, is it a case of new door pins or can i adjust these to suit?

also what tool do i need for the bolts as i can't really see them

freebone16v
19-03-2007, 10:49
just had another good look again whilst discussing it with a mech and it seems the hinge on the a-pilar has taken all the sh*t, it seems to have moved about 2mm towards the door as some paint has come away showing the movement

think i am loosening it off and then jacking the door up to get the right position.

sound about right?

freebone16v
19-03-2007, 20:41
Danlp6 is the man in my eyes at the moment

shame i couldn't adjust the catch on the b pillar, the catch strap bolt had stripped the thread in the pillar straight out, was a task sorting that after a tool mechanic re threaded it with a 9mm thread..which if you didn't know are highly rare

the door had to be pushed down as it seemed to have lifted, think the top hinge had pushed into the door

sorted now though....cheers dan

Danlp6
20-03-2007, 12:31
no worries mate.