PDA

View Full Version : Head gasket / over heating question

Allan
17-03-2007, 16:26
I was just driving along and had a huge cloud of white smoke! gutted :/

i was about 3 miles from a garage with no turn offs, so i drove to the nearest garage and stopped. i watched my temp sensors and the heat gague it got to nearly max no warning lights or anything, the oil temp didnt go up past 100 where it normaly sits so im hoping my head wont have been effected.

When i got to the garage i put the water hose in filled to find the leek, one of the hoses had poped off going from the engine into the bulk head (quite close to the Dizzy) so i pushed this back on but the jublie clip was no where so guessing it broke and poped off....

i also noticed when bleeding the system that the bleed plug on the rad didnt have an o ring on it, anyone know what size these are ?? as i will probably need a new one.

it seems to run ok but could this have over heated anything ?? do i need to check anything else?

if not im just off to get a load of coolant and a jublie clip.

It ran fine on the way home and the temps were as normal, didnt see any more smoke

ta

MAXIBOY
17-03-2007, 16:55
thats the pipe in to the heater matrix. could be ok. just keep an eye on the coolant level.

Allan
17-03-2007, 17:50
i just put a new jublie clip on and topped up the coolant from cold, and i cant see any oil in the water or any white gunk under the cap, so hoping its ok, im going to rebleed the system and put fresh coolant in tomorrow, the heats also work fine, checked that too

Allan
17-03-2007, 17:51
heats = heaters im just a terrible typer :D

MAXIBOY
17-03-2007, 18:18
fingers crossed then

BRUN
17-03-2007, 19:36
just make sure you bleed it and hopefully it will be ok