PDA

View Full Version : cunning towing plan.. will this work?

david932
16-03-2007, 13:07
ok my plan is join the aa today, then tommorow go pay for my car(head gasket failure with no tax), tow it to the closest boozer and call out the aa. get fed and watered while waiting for mr aa man. when he arrives either tell him: 1. that i just bought the car and it broke down on the way home or 2. just tell him i broke down. i've never been a member of the aa so im not sure what there rules and regs are. should this work? the car is about 50 miles from home

2 live
16-03-2007, 13:34
lol.depends on wen u catch the aa man in his shift tbh. i bought a valver a while ago...had to put wings/bonnet on it to make it look complete, bought as a non runner, no leads etc rad. wheels. car looked a rite mess tbh, mixture of red blue and naples pink ;)

rang aa up...luckily i caught the guy just starting his shift, and the 150+ mile journey would take him to the end of it lol

was a bit dodgy and funny as fuk...u shud b fine tho mate

bluenose
16-03-2007, 14:41
I think they have a policy of something like you cant call them out within the first 24/48 hours of your membership to stop stuff like that happening. Not sure about that but i heard it somewhere, might have been when i thought about joining!

stew
16-03-2007, 15:09
yeah think they will have something to cover that, but they are obligued to tow your car.

im with RAC have been towed all over the place. best one was after cadwell 233miles home at 11pm. got home at 3am, and he had to drive back down to durham. he seemed happy, as he was gettin overtime just for drivin. 8)

simonr85
16-03-2007, 15:24
Are you buying another williams david?

I spoke to you on gti-6 website and you pointed me here incase your wondering

david932
16-03-2007, 15:36
Are you buying another williams david?

I spoke to you on gti-6 website and you pointed me here incase your wondering

na just bought a non sunroof 205 to strip out stick my gti-6 engine and box in, then getting it on track. the williams will just be my everyday car now. how are you finding your williams?

just joined the AA. it's correct that they wont pick you up within 24 hours... so 14.45 tomoro i will be getting towed home :lol:

JJsRT
16-03-2007, 17:58
You should be fine matey make sure you join more than 24 hours before though... my mate bought a maxda 323 turb 4x4 which hadnt been driven for two year and had boarded up windows... pushed it to the end of the blokes drive nd called the breakdown guys!

Andy
16-03-2007, 18:04
lol.depends on wen u catch the aa man in his shift tbh. i bought a valver a while ago...had to put wings/bonnet on it to make it look complete, bought as a non runner, no leads etc rad. wheels. car looked a rite mess tbh, mixture of red blue and naples pink ;)

rang aa up...luckily i caught the guy just starting his shift, and the 150+ mile journey would take him to the end of it lol

was a bit dodgy and funny as f*k...u shud b fine tho mate

when the exhaust on string nearly fell off half way home pmsl

stan
16-03-2007, 18:55
it depends ont he cover you have...unless it stipulates you can request to be taken home (which is dearer), they are likely to ring round local garages to get it fixed.

The thing that works in your favour in any case, is that its a valver...not many garages liek them :lol:

2 live
16-03-2007, 19:02
lol....aye the bits falling off, or nearly doing on the way back was funny lol.

and as stan says....u need the most expensive cover to get towed home.