PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky noise

Peedee
15-03-2007, 13:44
Can someone help me pleeeease! I've just bought a mint valver, but there's one problem with it. I'm new to reanult's so haven't got a clue about them!

When the engine is on low revs and I'm going around a corner, there is a squeeking noise coming from the top right hand side of the engine. (thats if your sat in the driver seat). I cannot work out whether its coming from the engine or the top of the suspension etc. Its definately coming from around that area. It sounds like (don't laugh) a mouse squeeking. Any idea guys and girls?

Cheers. :?

Smudger
15-03-2007, 14:10
aux belt

Peedee
15-03-2007, 14:17
Is that a definate? Should I be worried about it if its squeeking? What happens if it snaps?

Smudger
15-03-2007, 15:02
well mine did it for a while and has no stopped of its own accord. probably didnt like the cold weather

lol

well it drives the alternator, water pump and pwer streering pump as far as i know so it snapping would mean no charge going to the battery, no power steering and no water being pumped round the engine so overheating

to be honest mate i doubt it would snap, more likely to slip.

either change it if its warn or the tensioner might just need adjusting

Peedee
15-03-2007, 15:27
Ok mate nice one. Think I'll get it changed to be on the safe side. Is it actually called the auxhillery (however you spell it) belt or are there any other names for it?

I'm looking on renault tuning websites but can't find one anywhere? Any ideas? Would rather buy one and try it myself rather than take it to a garage! Unless you know anywhere in Essex thats good? I'm in Chelmsford.

ae
15-03-2007, 17:39
Mine did the same. Got it tightened and sprayed WD40 on it. Good as new.

Andrew

Peedee
15-03-2007, 17:44
Thanks mate, did you get it tightened by a garage? Might try the WD 40 this evening.

Smudger
15-03-2007, 18:07
WD worked on mine for about 15min then it started again

its a pain in the arse to adjust tho fella, not easy to get to at all

ae
15-03-2007, 18:22
The car was in for a service and they tightened it. Its hard to get too the aux bolt- I think you can take the headlight off for easier access. The garage also oilied the moving parts.

Look here http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13048&highlight=aux+belt

Andrew