PDA

View Full Version : I just thought id say how empty i feel...

seanofnp
14-03-2007, 13:13
Now that ive sold the del sol :(

It went yesterday after giving it a good old clean. :(

I miss it already :(

But, tbh things must and now im going to start saving to buy a new car in january...

What do i pick!? Suggestions? Will hopefully have around 6k to spend. :P

Dancliovalver
14-03-2007, 13:58
Matt-uk is selling his pulsar mate!!

2K :twisted: BUY IT!!!!!

seanofnp
14-03-2007, 18:59
If i go for a pulsar i will want to save up plenty for a real decent one.

Im looking for that sort of performance though.

Bare in mind this will be insured for weekends and odd days only.

Looking at Pulsar GTi-Rs, R32 Skyline GT-R, 33/32 GTS-T.

May stretch past my butget if i go for a gtr but i think it would be well worth it, they can be pricey but i really love the 32 r, its sexy + insurance wont be too bad then either + coz its weekends...

Any suggestions?

J o n
14-03-2007, 19:14
Pulsar's are fast etc, but for an old car that was never reliable to begin with surely there's more reliable fun cars for the same money? What about MR2 Turbo's, Celica GT4 (ST185 & 205), both of these tune to over 300bhp with basic breathing mods. My mate Dave who comes on here with the RX7 is buying one at the weekend, WRC version owned by GT4 owners club owner and exhaust mods and filter take it to over 300bhp according to members on there. plus you can then up the boost and map them as the turbo is running extremely conservatively... vastly under rated cars these, easy to tune and reliable, look much more modern and easier on the eye imo...

Sean, whatever you do don't get a Skyline GTS-T, they are utter garbage. Slow as hell compared to the GTR, not as tunable, handling is not even remotely in the same league. If your going that route GTR or nothing! :twisted:

Dancliovalver
14-03-2007, 19:57
oooooohhhh i like MR2 turbos 8)

white one with black wheels and carbon fibre air intake :lol:

big hp
14-03-2007, 20:10
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm Mr2 Turbo

Dancliovalver
14-03-2007, 20:14
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MR2-TURBO-300-bhp-REV3_W0QQitemZ330096275761QQcategoryZ18290QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:twisted:

Coops
14-03-2007, 20:48
gutted mate! you'll replace it tho, get a GTR, we'll do a car swap from time to time, furkin love GTR's! :twisted:

MR2 turbos are nice little cars, donuttin fun! sarahs brother has a std one (220bhp) and its not slow despite the fat arse 1300kg its luggin about! :P

big hp
14-03-2007, 21:32
I'd like a MR2 turbo.

Think i'm gonna go mk2 gti with tweeked 20v lump :wink:

seanofnp
14-03-2007, 21:41
Funny some of you mentioning MR2 turbos, a bloke who comes down the club who works out at the same gym as some of the other door staff offered me his mr2 turbo t-bar in black, its recently had a rebuilt engine and looks pretty clean, he said hes had a few uprated bits on but nothing major, he said to me he'll sell for £1700 when the time comes just to get rid, think its on 70k miles or so which is mid august he said he was selling?

Yeah know what ya mean on the gts-t/gtr debate, think it would defo have to be a r32 gtr, which are very reasonably priced these days. The reason i was thinking gts-t was the perminant rwd, but im sure you can just remove a fuse to turn the 32 into rwd?

The reliability issue with pulsars on the gearboxes is a bit of a worry, its not like il be using this car every day but i dont want to be fixing it either.

I guess i have a long time to decide just trying to get my mind set!

At the moment its defo between 32gtr skyline, pulsar and the mr2. swaying slightly towards the gtr at the moment. Ive also considered rx7s, but again reliability and engine rebuild costs sound painfull... ?

Cheers for the advice lads! :)

Dancliovalver
14-03-2007, 21:51
i know their not quite as powerful although have good potential, but sapphire cossies are pretty kool, and very well priced :?:

Coops
14-03-2007, 21:52
i wudnt put GTR same level as mr2 tubby or pulsar, in fact all of em are different levels! :lol:

mr2 in std nick easily most reliable and 'sensible'

pulsar probably least reliable but cheaper than gtr

GTR maybe okay on relaibilty but megabucks when does go wrong and by far the most outlandish

my choice if i had the cash (when i hit 25 i am havin one!) GTR!

in fact thats why i bought the clio tubby now, wanted more power without blowing all my cash for when am 25 and its skyline time! :twisted:

seanofnp
14-03-2007, 22:01
I will be much younger than 25 by time i get it lol, but as said its not going to be everyday so insurance will be half i hope would it would be.

I think your right coops, i really fancy cracking on saving up for the gtr, what you going to go for mate?

Half the reason i got rid of the Del sol was the two seat stuff, and its very clostrophobic (spelling?) so i not too sure about the mr2, despite the power.

Coops
14-03-2007, 22:31
tbh, u notice that in the mr2, is a bit clostrophobic, in fact probably more so as its a sunroofless coupe! :lol:

ideally i want an R33 GTR v spec but mite be out of my price range, depends how much it drops over next 2 years or so, if that new GTR model ever comes out shud help it drop! :lol:

easily settle for an r32 GTR tho, pick a tidy one up on import for like 6 grand easy, and the japs seriously look after their cars!