PDA

View Full Version : Some info needed drivers side drive shaft

Allan
14-03-2007, 00:29
Right, when i did my bearing the other day i managed to pull out the drive shaft when pulling the hub assembly away from the shock, is this normal ???

i just pushed it back in and put the gater back on, and it was fine but should it come out like that ??

the part that came out had like a tripod on the end and was covered by a rubber gator this is after the point with what looked like a roll pin towards the diff end.

Coops
14-03-2007, 00:31
erm, no! :shock: shud be a triangular retaining plate that bolts to the gearbox that holds it in!

Allan
14-03-2007, 00:32
ok right i need to check that as its had the gear box rebuilt and i think they might not have put it back right :S

Coops
14-03-2007, 00:35
no wait am wrong, am thinkin of passenger side for the retaining plate, the drivers shudnt split atall, it shud just slide off the gearbox output shaft where the roll pin goes through

Allan
14-03-2007, 00:52
hmm :S well basicly the shaft had a like tripod on it and was covered by a rubber gaitor and goes into a larger part which when your under you can see then gets smaller and has the roll pin in, i checked it over the pit looked fine... just wondered if it was supposed to come out :S

MAXIBOY
14-03-2007, 00:57
not meant to come out as the rubber gaiter should have a retaining strap that stops it coming off the the larger part