PDA

View Full Version : Had the fiesta set up on saturday

McPikie
12-03-2007, 14:54
Dear jesus ****ing GOD.

Had rusty set the fez up at weekend. That man is a LEG-END. I didnt mind him dripping snot and fag ash into my engine bay, as this thing ****ing FLIES now :lol:

Power to weight is amazing, the tyres scream like a banshee when you load it up in 2nd, and it was enough to make the Carrara 4S driver waving bye bye at me on the slip road drop his hand and look very worried when I was still inches from the back of him at 120mph :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's running about 12psi, but I shall confirm this when I install my boost gauge Standard cooler is only good for about 14psi, which is why my hunt for a 4x4 cossie cooler has begun.

Turbosystems chip was a 195 affair and the -31 actuator was like brand new. No preload on the spring, but the bleed valve is wound out a notch.

I'd guestimate about 170bhp, but the fez does weigh **** all

I swear, I though he was going to leave me for dead, but thought iit would be worth a bash. 1st and second were swallowed up in wheelspin, which is where he probably thought he would give it some beans. 3rd and 4th were gone by the end of the sliproad where we were both on the wrong side of 80mph............... up to 120, nailed to his arse, and then I thought **** it, not worth melting something.

I fecking love it............ shame I have warped my discs already :oops:

Going to order some Motorcraft PP8 cosworth plugs today, along with some braided lines and new discs. Standard XR2 brakes are sooooo much fun

Roll on the intercooler and more boost

J o n
12-03-2007, 15:01
sounds like a beast Phil, when you bringing it out for a play then? :)

lewis_willy2
12-03-2007, 17:03
so you prefer it to the 16v? quicker i take it?

Andy P
12-03-2007, 17:40
so you prefer it to the 16v? quicker i take it?

Sounds like it :lol:

POWARTEK
12-03-2007, 20:19
8) boost is where its at.

white16valver
15-03-2007, 19:30
love the turbos, I want one :( lol

Old fast fords always seem to warp their disks though, used to drive me nuts!