PDA

View Full Version : TRAX 2nd sept @ silverstone

Taylor
09-03-2007, 16:29
By far the best car show of the year, also a great night out before, last couple of times we have stayed in a local hotel i think its £50 a night per room

The range of tickets available are:
-entry ticket (1 needed per person) Last year, £10 advance,£20 on the gate.

-car pass, to get your car on the stand (these are FREE.... you just have to ask for them)

-sprint ticket, for 0-60 trials. Note that this is NOT a 1/4mile, nor is it a drag race. ONE ticket buys ONE run. Last year one ticket was £7.

-track time, for those brave/insane enough to take their car out for a blast on Silverstones legendary grand prix circuit. ONE ticket will buy you one 20 minute session. (You can not stay on the track between sessions... the track is cleared between every session.) IMO a track session is the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on! Last year ONE track session cost £20. This DOES NOT include track insurance. Bear in mind your road insurance IS NOT valid whilst you are on the track

I am willing to organise this if there is enough interest in a club stand :D

ill be going even if WC dont

nyk
09-03-2007, 16:48
Dont think we attend this as a club, as from memory its a bit of a max power live affair. Been a few times years ago.

But Northy or Gaztwo (club events co ordinator) should confirm.

Taylor
09-03-2007, 16:53
not at all max powerish, well not at all in the last 2 years ive been,

track action
0-60 strip,
last year the D1 drift finals were held in the afternoon

nyk
09-03-2007, 17:04
Thats you opinion, thats mine. I've been attending many car shows for years.

I wouldnt attend Trax anymore, simply cos if I wanted to see loads of max power fantasy cars, I would attend the local cruises, like I did when I was 18 - many moons ago. Just not my scene.

Dont think the club has attended trax before.

Plus @ £7 for a 0-60 run, is extortionate to que up all day.

jwarren2k2
09-03-2007, 19:16
Don't want to cause an argument, but Trax is awesome!

Ive been to a few shows and I went to Trax for the first time last year with the missus, we both thoroughly enjoyed it, and the D1 final was awesome!

FCS last year was appalling, why we bothered to go to that I don't know... Trax would be brilliant, especially if we can get about 20-30 cars on track to properly advertise how amazing the Williams is!

The track scene now is huuuge! When was the last time you saw more bodykits, than lack of interiors!

I think going to Trax as a club is a brilliant idea! And £20 to drive silverstone... BARGAIN! £40 to drive an oval of crap concrete at FCS... diabolical!

Rant over! :wink:

Come one lads and laddettes, lets go! :D

James

Taylor
09-03-2007, 20:22
it really is a fantastic day out , even for the kids, nyk if you dont want to come dont doesnt bother me either way.

toally agree with ^^^
cumoon drive round silverstone woooooooo
oval shittly track at rockingham........:(

DaveH
10-03-2007, 01:03
I wouldnt mind going to trax again, last time i went was '96 when it was still mainly a ford day national day and i was only 10! Will be giving fcs a go as well as last year was the first i went to so it can only get better for me.

I thought the track at rockingham was the infield circuit (in the centre of the oval)?

Andy
10-03-2007, 08:26
have a word with northy about a club stand

be right back

Taylor
10-03-2007, 10:17
im not doing track at FCS but as far as i belive yes it is the inner truck, just a shame ppl cant watch,
modded nationals last year used the oval,
as i said i will be goinady hag to trax wether it be on the clio sport stand or the WC

Taylor
12-03-2007, 11:35
so anyone?

Lee Keefy
12-03-2007, 11:44
if it has changed from years ago i wouldn't mind goin...i like 0-60's!!!!

like nyk says last time we went it was like an outdoor max power but if its different now i'd have a go 8)

Taylor
12-03-2007, 11:49
for the last 2 years its not been max power ish at all, as i said they had the D1 finals which was cool
DB drag was there ... i got a trophy woo,
plus its always hot and the club stands are on concrete, so can get a nice BBQ going on :D

Lee Keefy
12-03-2007, 12:00
bbq always tips the scales for me :excited:

J o n
12-03-2007, 12:08
well Laura you will have to work on Andy and/or Northy I think, get them to sort a stand out... I'll bring the old mans Webber BBQ... it's ****ing awesome!

Lee Keefy
12-03-2007, 12:09
here here!

solbert
12-03-2007, 12:11
bbq always tips the scales for me :excited:
wpuldnt let you cook any food for me on a bbq you cant even cook toast so a beef burger theres no chance ill pass thanks :lol:

Lee Keefy
12-03-2007, 14:15
^^^^no burgers for you then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just realised we'll be sat on the beach with cocktails in egypt so i dont think i'll bother!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Taylor
12-03-2007, 14:16
from last season i have become pretty damm good at BBQing animals lol

Lee Keefy
12-03-2007, 14:36
no...sorry!!!

still egypt for me :wink:

Taylor
12-03-2007, 14:43
lol thats so unsporting lee.. i think you should give up your holiday and come to trax ... you know its the right thing to do