PDA

View Full Version : Body work prices.

DaveH
07-03-2007, 00:56
What would be the general concencus on how much roughly a decent price would be to replace a rear quarter panel and spray the full side (rear quarter, door, sill, front wing) for a very good quality job too?

Ive had one quote, it seems quite high but i know the job will be mint, a few other people i know have suggested other shops but have let me down with contact details etc. I just feel like its either the one place or leave it caved in!

Not saying what the quote is yet as i would like to know what peoples ideas of cost would be first :wink:

Any help would be appreciated.

big hp
07-03-2007, 09:36
I paid 2k and it was a shit hot job. I did have a new door in that price too. All Renault prices. Which included stickers and kick plate both items which arnt cheap.

Slithers
07-03-2007, 12:03
What would be the general concencus on how much roughly a decent price would be to replace a rear quarter panel and spray the full side (rear quarter, door, sill, front wing) for a very good quality job too?

Ive had one quote, it seems quite high but i know the job will be mint, a few other people i know have suggested other shops but have let me down with contact details etc. I just feel like its either the one place or leave it caved in!

Not saying what the quote is yet as i would like to know what peoples ideas of cost would be first :wink:

Any help would be appreciated.

I paid 250 to replace a rear quarter (cut and weld arch) and have it sprayed on my valver.

IIRC the guy said he would charge me an extra 100 to repsray the door.

I had both sills done on my car too and that set me back about 300 (colourmatched too)

So my guesstimate would be for around £ 700 - 800 (if your replacing the entire rear quarter instead of cutting and welding it stick an extra 200 on the cost)

If your near manchester contact this place:

B & P Motor Bodies

0161 476 4766

Swervin_Mervin
07-03-2007, 14:41
Renault Manchester quoted me £1800 including the tailgate for ULF. Think just the rear 1/4 was £1200. If it was worthwhile I'd have gone there. They did the rear end when it was shunted and they did a shite-hot job.

DaveH
07-03-2007, 19:42
Well i was quoted roughly £700 for the job but i'll have to get the panel, i think it was cliorod that could get me one cheaper. I think i might go for that as ive seen his work before and im always weary when its too cheap!

Slithers, wherabouts in mcr is b & p motor bodies?