PDA

View Full Version : FUEL!!

Dancliovalver
06-03-2007, 22:36
ok have now found out that my car has a fuel problem hnse why it wont start!!

ive only stuck a fivers worth of fuel in there coz if anything goes wrong then i dont wanna waste £20 worth but anyways!!

All the car is doing is turning over and not trying to fire, have check plugs and they are fine, so checked the fuel rail and there doesnt seem to be any fuel goin in! so nect i drop one of the lines underneath the car and had a look, some pissed on the floor but not alot

just wondering, because the tank was empty when i took the clio off the road, are you ment to bleed teh fuel system, or is there any specific procedure to get the fuel flowing again or is it worth me just stickin more fuel in????

cheers in advance (hope this makes sence lol)

Justin..
06-03-2007, 22:38
if it was ran dry a fiver wont be enough for it to prime

Dancliovalver
06-03-2007, 22:42
good man, thats exactly what i thought!!! :lol:

VIPERONE
06-03-2007, 23:42
was the pump handle black??

:lol:

Justin..
07-03-2007, 01:14
lol

Allan
07-03-2007, 01:42
aye if its dry at least 10 quid to get it into working order !

mon
07-03-2007, 02:02
wots this rob the piggy bank?

Dancliovalver
07-03-2007, 08:34
fookin hell tell me bout it, im fookin skint lol, just bought a new car and im broke!!!

but anyway will give it a go tonite and let u know what happens :lol:

Scougar
07-03-2007, 14:56
What they are talking about is the auxillary fuel tank is 2 gallons. It fills the aux tank first, then flows into the main tank(aux fuel is pumped into main tank when main is nearly dry, leaving the aux tank dry) Hence if the main was run dry you will need to put in at least 2 gallons to get any fuel into main tank from the auxilary.

It's your cheapest starting point. It may not turn out to be that, but it's worth doing as an 'easy' test. Obviously you can test the pumps as well, but that may be hassle if raining constantly like it has been down here.

Matthew

Matt_16v
07-03-2007, 15:33
i think i put £20 in last time I had the engine out!!

Dancliovalver
07-03-2007, 16:04
kool cheers for the advice guys, much appriciated, will let you all know how it goes as soon as i get back from the garage, mite even have a small vid lol

Dancliovalver
07-03-2007, 19:12
ok have stuck another £20 worth of fuel, cranked it over and it tried and back fired abit which i was kinda expecting, then i tried again and nothing was happening but i did notice that the earth wire that is bolted onto the crossmember was smoking abit, could it be something to do with the earths??