PDA

View Full Version : Wiring up the oil pressure sender????

stevie g
06-03-2007, 11:16
Hi guys, does anyone no how to wire up the oil pressure sender??? is it just the one wire. i recently whipped the o/s front wheel off to have a look but cant work out whats what, any help would be apprieciated.
Steve

MAXIBOY
06-03-2007, 12:36
yeah its just one wire

stevie g
06-03-2007, 16:09
Thanks, how do i go about connecting it? as the sender is female and i dont know what the connector looks like???? the wire has an after market spade connector on it???? please help lol :?:

MAXIBOY
06-03-2007, 19:26
we are taking about the one on the rear of the block underneath the exhaust manifold. if yes then the sender should be male and the after market spade connector female. the sender should have a little male spade sticking out the top.

schakal
06-03-2007, 19:51
have you got a pic of this aftermarket pressure sensor fella?
i am interested to find out where it gets a live feed from ?

stevie g
06-03-2007, 20:05
ahhh that would explain the confusion, the connector has snapped off! any ideas how much new one is?? also do you need to change discs when doin rear wheel bearing??cheers guys

Steve

stevie g
06-03-2007, 20:08
Schakal its just one of those crimp spade connectors mate, like the ones you can buy a box of in halfords etc

schakal
06-03-2007, 20:12
Schakal its just one of those crimp spade connectors mate, like the ones you can buy a box of in halfords etc

ayee ,there is been a confusion by the looks
i thought he was trying to fit an aftermarket oil gauge .

MAXIBOY
06-03-2007, 20:27
dont need to change discs but as the bearings are fitted in them and renault sell them together most people do if the discs are iffy. not sure how much they are but winston or mat brown will have a secondhand one if you want. pm them.

dan-hipgrave
07-03-2007, 10:28
Steve, the rear disks, pads, calipers and wheelbearings were all new from Renault last August mate :D

Hope you havent got trouble with the car already...