PDA

View Full Version : Decent bodyshop NW

J o n
05-03-2007, 14:40
one of my mates needs some paint touching up and a bit of spraying done. Anyone know anywhere that can colour/paint match and will do a proper decent job in the North West?

nyk
05-03-2007, 14:51
many places. :)

J o n
05-03-2007, 14:52
have you got 'Many Places' number or web address, manyplaces.co.uk or is it .com? :roll: :lol:

nyk
05-03-2007, 14:53
Check your PM dude!

:lol:

J o n
05-03-2007, 14:59
lol

cheers! :)

Swervin_Mervin
05-03-2007, 23:02
Best one I've had yet, and let's face it there's a few, was Renault Manchester.

bill.
06-03-2007, 17:51
have you got 'Many Places' number or web address, manyplaces.co.uk or is it .com? :roll: :lol:

tell us more :D

Daz.
08-03-2007, 21:39
Check your PM dude!

Can I get in on that my little petit pois? was this where you had yours done? :D

nyk
08-03-2007, 23:37
Check your PM dude!

Can I get in on that my little petit pois? was this where you had yours done? :D

Know a few places locally. 2 have done work on my car. One place did the full respray- V expensive. the other guy recently did my bumper when I had my morettes removed. The indicators were mounted in the bumper and wen I got rid of the morettes I had 2 gaping holes in my bumper. He kindly plastic welded the holes up, and repaired it, then blew paint in where the holes were. I didnt want to have the full bumper painted again for fear of it being noticeable as its been a year now since I had the full paint job.

Anyways, I cannot recommend his work enough, it was absolutley spot on and no one can even tell there was ever holes there or that there has been fresh paint on my bumper. The best part about it is he is dirt cheap - as he does this sort of work as a foreigner. He is a car entusiast and has an appreciation for hot hatches somewhat, he really does do a brill job. The place he works has a very good reputation locally, and you only have to look at the work he has done on his own car and mine to get an idea of his quality.
:)

Daz you can check it out tomoz.

nyk
08-03-2007, 23:39
PS- dont wanna put his number out publically on the forum for him to be bombarded with calls etc. Anyone interested drop me a PM.

He is based at The Grange Bodyshop in Rochdale.

:)

Daz.
08-03-2007, 23:40
I will be looking very closely!

How much was expensive? after spending all this cash on stickers and soon new panels penny pinching on the respray is a big no no really.

nyk
08-03-2007, 23:44
I will be looking very closely!

How much was expensive? after spending all this cash on stickers and soon new panels penny pinching on the respray is a big no no really.

Well tbh, I always live by the philosophy of you get what you pay for, but with paintwork its tricky. I have seen some shit hot jobs done for next to nowt and some crap jobs that have cost a fortune. I paid just over 1K for mine to be fully resprayed. This included the rust on the drivers arch, plus getting rid of all the dents. Although with this guy I now use you'd probably get a 2K job for about 600 nicker. :)

Daz.
08-03-2007, 23:46
1k is the minimum I'd be prepared to pay to be honest, after my previous encounters with bodyshops!!

nyk
08-03-2007, 23:46
PS - I'm starting to miss the edit button now!! lol

The guy that did it for just over 1k was a friend also, he would have charged around 2K for the work he did on my car. I had lots of extra paint and extra coats of laquer on it to make the colour deeper etc.

Hope this helps.

nyk
08-03-2007, 23:48
1k is the minimum I'd be prepared to pay to be honest, after my previous encounters with bodyshops!!

The work you'd get in a run of the mill bodyshop for the 1K mark would prob be poor though. Like I said if you went to the guy that painted my car he would want more around the 1800/2k mark.

Martin
27-05-2007, 04:03
just digging this one up as I'm looking at getting my bumper & bonnet sorted sounds interesting Nyk is he uber busy?

Daz.
28-05-2007, 23:32
back of the line kid back of the line :D

Tommo
31-05-2007, 13:03
Gaz

Can u recommend any decent bodyshops a bit closer in the Runcorn/Warrington area mate??

Swervin_Mervin
31-05-2007, 13:43
Johnny Brown (Northern Irish, has a willy 1) had his done in Chester.

Can't remember the name of it but apparently the guy used to work on the Clio rally cars or summat. Has a stonking load of piccies you can view before going ahead with any work. Think it's in Hoole Bridge.

Tommo
31-05-2007, 14:37
Really? I work right by Hoole Bridge in Chester, any chance u could get some contact details for the place mate?

Swervin_Mervin
31-05-2007, 14:59
I'll see if I can find it or ring him.

Tommo
31-05-2007, 15:31
Thanks mate

Swervin_Mervin
01-06-2007, 11:33
http://www.manor-garage.com/index.html

I think that's the one Tommo. COuldn't get hold of Johnny and lost the sheet he gave me for there! Pretty sure it's that one though.

Tommo
01-06-2007, 12:30
That's spot on mate. It's literally a 5 minute walk from work! lol. I'll pay them a visit next week. It's good that they do servicing and tuning too!

Thanks
Col