PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler...

Danlp6
05-03-2007, 12:55
Now how much can these be picked up for? and how much longer does it take to warm up after its been fitted? i as because i was sitting at 145/150 for a while(about 20 miles) last night and oil temp reached 130ish degrees. now to me this is far too hot, and i did leave her idling for about 10 minutes afterwards to let her cool down a little.

any advice appreciated!

stevie_b
05-03-2007, 13:05
You can get everything you need for about £100 - radiator, pipes, take off plate, etc. Probably cheaper if you source everything carefully.

MAXIBOY
05-03-2007, 13:06
depends on which way you buy. more money for a complete kit but easier than sourcing all the parts. should get one with a thermostatic take off plate which only cool,s the oil when it,s already reached a predetermined temp.

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=2791

VIPERONE
05-03-2007, 15:48
i got the take off plate for £13 from think automotive... the fittings are size m20 thread, and 1/2' british standard pipe size,...pipe is very cheap, aeroquip..

the thermo plate is a good option, and will prevent you over cooling the oil... i will be running a 13 row cooler which retail for £30 on ebay,not mocal..

so i'll have the full set up for £50 ish

you have the option for braided lines etc...

if you go the poor mans route like me, then fit a 10 row cooler for n/a engine and 13 row if its turbo'd... then you dont have to worry about over cooling.