PDA

View Full Version : Need Photo of correct Routing

Scougar
05-03-2007, 10:14
Hi :)

Think the problems I am experiencing with my clutch (getting stuck in gear/can't get in gear/crunching/'clicking' from pedal area/pedal travelling to floor sometimes with no affect) are a combination of cable/lack of heatshield (maybe) / knackered self adjusting ratchet system.

To this end, I am going to buy from Renault:

1) Self adjusting ratchet for pedal
2) Clutch cable
3) Heatshield P/N 77 00 817 534

If anyone has the part numbers handy that would be awesome :)

But mainly, I am concerned about the correct routing of the clutch cable though the engine bay. Can someone please take a picture(s) or show me a link to some, so I can see correct routing please. I would really appreciate this as I am getting so frustrated with only being able to drive the car for a few miles before the problems start, and want to make sure I do it right the first time (and I don't trust Renault to do it right or not try scam/con me)

Thankyou guys :)
Matthew

Danlp6
05-03-2007, 11:28
i cant get exact pics, but, it goes:
out the bulkhead, down by the joint in the rack, then behind the rack,(there is a clip, well should be) along inbetween the subframe and rack until the chassis rail, comes out and along the chassis rail, under the gearbox mount, then into the box.

Scougar
05-03-2007, 11:48
Thankyou :) I have seen some clips that it isn't in, but can't see how it could be fitted there easily (along the subframe nearside). The clip appears to be broken, so it may have been on there.

I phoned and ordered parts as I need to get this done as it's driving me up the wall.

1) Heatshield £39.17 (inc VAT £46.02)
2) Clutch Cable £15.03 (inc VAT £17.66)
3) Self Adjusting Ratchet £22.83 (inc VAT £26.83)
4) Dogbone £28.66 (inc VAT £33.68)
Total: £105.69 (inc VAT £124.19)

They won't order parts without your registration or payment up front.

Matthew

Geezer
05-03-2007, 13:54
Part numbers will be useful when you have them mate, for future reference.

I need to order some of the above myself.... :wink:

Craig

Scougar
05-03-2007, 14:12
No Prob, will add all the p/n's soon as I pick them up (tomorrow hopefully).

The parts were ordered from Renault/Nissan 'Mumfords' in Plymouth, Devon.

Matthew

Scougar
07-03-2007, 13:19
Here are the part numbers and prices (part numbers actually have an 'R' in front of them, prob to do with Renault dealers being involved with Nissan so numbers don't conflict)

1) Heatshield 77 00 817 534 -> £39.71 (inc VAT £46.66)
2) Clutch Cable 77 00 829 067 -> £15.03 (inc VAT £17.66)
3) Self Adjusting Ratchet (listed as Clutch Pedal) 77 01 467 633 -> £22.83 (inc VAT £26.83)
4) Dogbone (Listed as Link E/Mount ) 77 00 849 715 -> £28.66 (inc VAT £33.67
Total: £106.23 (inc VAT £124.82)

All parts bought from Mumfords Renault/Nissan in Plymouth.

If anyone has a photo of the clutch cable routing I will still be grateful. (I am pretty sure it's jut the ratchet that is defective now but will check it all out :) )

Matthew

Scougar
08-03-2007, 03:12
It's now 2 in the morning. I have just finished the ratchet/pedal change, clutch cable change and sticking in a heatshield. Decided to wait till tomorrow evening for the dog bone and use my ramps. Will take it easy till that is done.

One thing I will say... it only took 1 maybe 2 pushes of the clutch to adjust itself. There was no more adjustment after that (not 25 presses as some peeps have reported).

All I can say is... what a nightmare. Such tight access for the pedal, the shaft was stuck, couldn't get the old cable out of it's mounting points on rear of subframe (so had to cut end off and just pull it through). Actually fitting the cable was a mare as well. Once I had "finally" got it through, I was unside down on my back trying to use pliers to grab the end and place it in the ratchet.

I'm sure next time will be much quicker, but I defo would not look forward ever again to changing the ratchet. Also, 3 bulbs died on me on my work lamp, even an energy saving variety! Was very suprised.

Matthew

northy
08-03-2007, 09:03
working on all clios is this hard mate - you will get used to it.

Scougar
08-03-2007, 11:33
lol, thanks dude :roll: :)

I think the car just needs a bit of money spent on it, sorting the common problems out that previous owners ignored, and instead added things like braided brake lines and exhausts lol.

Will eventually replace the bushes for ARB, engine mounts, top mounts and get either new oem spec dampers (bilstein) or uprated items.

Think I need to take a serious look at the wiring as well, as noticed more disconnected plugs last night :roll:

Matthew

MAXIBOY
08-03-2007, 11:45
there are lots of disconnected plugs on clio.s

Scougar
08-03-2007, 12:21
How so, Isn't the loom designed for the clio primarily? (is it for optional extras where plugs are not connected?)

It's not just that, it looks like the alarm has been rewired at some point. I assume it's meant to have remote central locking (since I have the key for it).

I will have to have a good rummage and see what someone has screwed up for me :) Still have speaker wires danging

Matthew

darrenm1eqn
08-03-2007, 12:47
working on all clios is this hard mate - you will get used to it.

you can say that again ! :roll: