PDA

View Full Version : I'm struggling adjusting my lights.. Help!

Daz.
04-03-2007, 22:41
Because I got new headlights the beam was right to the floor... My auto adjuster knob is broke so the lights can't be levelled with that - So tonight I set about trying to manually adjust them....

One goes off the scale high with a tiny adjustement and the other won't budge an inch?!?

They're both just facing the floor now to make them level!

Am I going to be able to do it or am I going to have to buy manual level headlights instead? Its proper pissing me off - all I want is proper level lights so I can bloody see where I'm going!!!

Daz.
05-03-2007, 19:16
No ideas chaps?

DaveH
05-03-2007, 19:41
Are they brand new lights Daz? You should be able to adjust them manually on the rod at the back but if theyre second hand they can be very dodgy, one of mine blinds people as when its adjusted the gear just spins on the spindle and doesnt turn, although it looks perfectly ok, its buggered!

Are the rods both attached properly?

Daz.
05-03-2007, 20:06
brand new, well 6 months old but never been adjusted... I disconnected the bloody auto rubbish but still no go :evil:

samboRT
05-03-2007, 20:36
HIDS

yummmyyyyy :wink:

MAXIBOY
05-03-2007, 20:42
think you can change the auto to manual adjustment. try winston or mat brown

Daz.
05-03-2007, 22:00
HIDS

yummmyyyyy :wink:

Lol - regardless of the bulb mate they're still fooked :lol:

Allan
05-03-2007, 22:24
hmm i poped out the adjusting thing on mine, but if you take the headlight out you can manaualy turn it down and then pop the adjuster back in ;)

then what i did was set it to as low as possible and refit the lights (hids) and then parked up against a wall and got them all level.

although i managed to drive into the workshop this weekend and do them on a proper light box, quite hard to get the kick up right on one of them as i need to adjust it side ways now :S