PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Fanimolds

snowman
04-03-2007, 15:51
Are the any advantages in fitting a Supersprint exhaust manifold over the O.E Williams jobbie,was thinking of getting one fitted whilst heads off but not if its just a case of the Supersprint being stainless but no performance advantages?

thanks

andy :wink:

MatBrown
04-03-2007, 16:38
Some people have seen good gains.

Mat.

Winston
04-03-2007, 16:40
Would fit in with the rest of the mint-ness :P

MattyH16valver
04-03-2007, 18:17
I think there is a slight power gain in having one of these, the exhaust tone sounds nicer and they look good too! 8) Just depends if your willing to splash the cash. This debate has been made so many times, people like stan say that it's very much dependant from car to car as to how much extra power you will get. Gunner's the man to ask, he's tried just about every manifold known to man! :lol:

Hulio
04-03-2007, 21:15
I like my supersprint, it gives the exhaust a nice raspy sound and gives a bit more top end power without sacrificing too much low-end torque. I understand they can be problematic though due to the rubber flange and the fiddly downpipe fitting method. If you do a search there has been a lot of talk on these.

Andy P
05-03-2007, 20:02
fit shit.....look good.

Was pretty good on my hybrid, but not ever ran the other 2 on the 2.0 so got nothing to compare it with

Martin
05-03-2007, 20:03
they seem to give good top end power imo

stew
05-03-2007, 21:54
yeah agree with that martin.

better top end power over valver manifold. no idea over a std williams one.

if you have the cash its prob worth doing.

richy
05-03-2007, 23:25
fit s**t.....look good.

Was pretty good on my hybrid, but not ever ran the other 2 on the 2.0 so got nothing to compare it with

mine fits fine, infact both mine have fitted fine, just a bitch to get off lol

on my 16v engine there is def a difference with top end, its revs much easyier and pulls better at top end, def made a difference on both the 16v and williams!

love the sound to, raspy but not loud :D

jock
06-03-2007, 13:18
I find mine smoother and pulls faster in mid range but you dont get such a kick at 4200rpm that you do with the std willy one but its faster out of corners and for overtaking which is what you need, more often than not.
:)