PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym ultra deep shine

Winston
12-05-2005, 22:25
Ultra deep..... lmfao!!!! for her pleasure

Anyone else used it?

I bought some after seeing how good gibbos super resin polish brought up my paint work.

It's mean't to be the don!!!!!

Whats everyone else using to get there cars spanking for FCS

Sorry btw very CS lol

Mark_Ritchspeed
12-05-2005, 22:32
Um. The pressure washer. :?

northy
12-05-2005, 22:40
autogylm is the dogs...take your time with it and it will come up great.

big hp
12-05-2005, 23:15
Autoglym all the way. Super gloss works really well. I'll just clean car day before FCS and use autoglym show and shine spray on the day.

I rate Autoglym but most people at work say its crap and Meguires (spelling) is far superior. Anyone got any views on this?

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 23:18
Wax is wax, polish is polish and shampoo is shampoo.

Shampoo for example contains detergents.

Wax is by its nature a solid sterol substance.

And polish is an abrasive

Call it what you want and give it any price, but there is very very little difference between own brand and top brand makes.

big hp
12-05-2005, 23:21
I've often thought about buying a wax as opposed to a polish. Autoglym polish isn't that abrasive though. Well hope not as my car gets a coating every 2 weeks. :shock:

VIPERONE
12-05-2005, 23:22
im going to invest in some of that...
there 3 phases now to auto glym... red, gold and purple..lol

Lunner
12-05-2005, 23:22

Shampoo for example contains detergents.

Wax is by its nature a solid sterol substance.

Call it what you want and give it any price, but there is very very little difference between own brand and top brand makes.

Thank you!

Someone finally, who also sees that £300 wax is the same as £1.99 wax

As for FCS, my car will get triplewax shampoo i get dirt cheap from work and a sponge, other then that maybe just a hose over

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 23:24
Tried autoglym and didnt think it was any better than anything else i tried.

big hp
12-05-2005, 23:26
I use triple wax shampoo. Lathers up lovely. The autoglym and most other shampoos hardly show up any soap, where as tripleway shampoo leaves more bubbles then me in the bath. :D

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 23:27
I use triple wax shampoo. Lathers up lovely. The autoglym and most other shampoos hardly show up any soap, where as tripleway shampoo leaves me more time with Mark in the bath. :D

:shock:

big hp
12-05-2005, 23:29
http://media.hormel.com/images/refimages/museum%20press%20kit/spam%20hero%20web%20ready.jpg

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 23:39
http://media.hormel.com/images/refimages/museum%20press%20kit/spam%20hero%20web%20ready.jpg

Says mr HP, the only guys whos name is a sauce that goes well with spam :wink:

big hp
12-05-2005, 23:43
:shock: :wink:

Oh yes!

BRUN
13-05-2005, 00:19

a true polish is not an abrasive, a polish contains oils to give the paintwork that wet look

KingStromba
13-05-2005, 00:36
'Polishing, as it applies to car detailing, refers to the act of restoring gloss by removing contaminants, restoring valuable oils and smoothing the paint surface. Most polishes accomplish this by being a mild abrasive and some do it by way of a chemical reaction.'

Taken from Auto detailing - Secrets of the experts web site

BRUN
13-05-2005, 00:38
those are 'cleaner polishes'

a true polish has no abrasives.....

KingStromba
13-05-2005, 00:47
:?

Chemically a true polish is an abrasive.

BRUN
13-05-2005, 00:53
no, its not

a chemical abrasive is a chemical cleaner polish

KingStromba
13-05-2005, 00:56
Oxford dictionary definition:

A substance containing chemical agents or abrasive particles and applied to smooth or shine a surface.

VIPERONE
13-05-2005, 00:57
hp ks is a scientist

BRUN
13-05-2005, 01:02
i use more terms than just 'polish' because not all polishes on the market are the same, some are not abrasive at all, some are very abrasive

abrasive/cleaner polish - tcut
pure polish - meguiars show car glaze
wax - collinite 476s

all 3 are different products

KingStromba
13-05-2005, 01:19
If its not abrasive, its not a true poish. Polish is abrasive, by definirion. A product can call itself a polish, but without abrasive chemicals it aint.

Rudders16v
13-05-2005, 07:56

Got to disagree there. I've yet to find ANY products that give a finish anywhere near as good as Meguairs. I used to always use Autoglym (mainly as i could get it cheap), but after trying a few Meguiars products, the differance really is noticable....... and i'd say that Autoglym is far better than other cheaper brands, so the differance between a very good polish/wax etc can be very noticable.

If you want a really good finish, go for Meguiars. Depending what condition the paint work is in, i'd go for either the Scratch X remover (about £9 for a toothpaste tube sized tube) and then a wax with their Nxt Generation Wax (or their Gold Class Wax is very good, just not as good as Nxt gen, but about £5 cheaper).

I usually give the whole car a treatment with the Scratch X at the start of the year to remove all the contamination and chemicals from the paint, and then just use the wax throughout the year.

In my opinion, Meguiars cleaning products are the best available. The only exception when i would use anything else, is with Engine Cleaner, and tyre dressing when i've found Autoglym to be just as good but cheaper.

dannyt
13-05-2005, 07:57
Winston, I used to use super resin but bought some of this ultra deep shine black label stuff and it's even better, lasts longer and gives a better shine to mine!

Rudders16v
13-05-2005, 08:02
I've not used the Ultra Deep Shine, but have seen it advertised. I thought it was more of a wax than a polish, and should therefore be used after the Super Resin polish, not instead of?

BRUN
13-05-2005, 18:24
its instead of, not after

and ive used it too, it is better than Super Resin

Martin
13-05-2005, 18:28
All this talk of resin is making me want a bong :wink: ...**** cleaning cars! :P

Craig
13-05-2005, 20:40
found some colout magic in black in the garage, thought id give it go!

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/scooby/polished2.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/scooby/polished.jpg

Enid
13-05-2005, 20:56
I use Meguiars "Polish" and its great. For wax I use Pinnacle Souvran, its a pure carnauba and gives the deepest shine i've ever seen. its particuarly good on dark colours hence why I use it on the willy.