PDA

View Full Version : Dash board lights

Dancliovalver
28-02-2007, 23:27
went to norton in sheffield tonite to pick up a new bottom end for my pulsar, we went in my mates 16v

anyways on the way there it started to get dark, so put the lights on and all was ok

later on we noticed that all the dash board lights went off including the oil gadges and the fan switches, the only things left lit up were the outside temperature and the light to show that your head lights are on!!

tried the dimmer switch and that was fine but could find wat was wrong???

are the dashboard lights powered by a relay or fuse or could it be something else??

thelynx
28-02-2007, 23:33
I have the exact same problem, yet to figure out what the cause is ? Rather annoying

Justin..
28-02-2007, 23:47
are the passenger side side lights still working? they are on the same fuse.

MatBrown
01-03-2007, 00:00
are the passenger side side lights still working? they are on the same fuse.

Ah.
Williams i picked up last week was like this and had no dash lights, also remember the rear passenger sidelight wasn't working, would be nice if it's just a fuse.

Mat.

Justin..
01-03-2007, 00:03
yeah i had an elctrical problem on my 1.2 where it kept blowing that fuse. its a red 10 amp. i put a 15 amp one in and the dash started pouring out smoke :shock:

Justin..
01-03-2007, 00:04
The things ya do when your young and dumb :oops: :roll: :lol:

Scougar
01-03-2007, 00:13
Remember just after an engine swap in a mini when I was 18... totally dark.. and was so eager to get the car running, shoved in the battery, connected up.. few seconds later smell burning and smoke after I have gone round to get in the car. Quickly run back and disconnect battery. In the dark i'd gone and put it in the wrong way round :oops: Cost me a new alternator and some melted wire. (was only about £45 for exchange mini alternator back then).

Never advisable to swap to a bigger fuse. You must have crapped yourself! :(

Matthew

Justin..
01-03-2007, 00:14
:shock: just a bit :lol:

Dancliovalver
01-03-2007, 08:40
yeah the lights not workin!!!!

which fuse is it??

Scougar
01-03-2007, 14:13
Do you have a Haynes manual to check the wiring diagram?

I can try and take a photo tonight of the one you need if not. (there should be stickers inside the interior fuse box to let you know about the lights, but the fuses under under the scuttle panel you will have to check, as that's back at home in the manual (at work at present so can check later).

Matthew

Matt_16v
01-03-2007, 16:04
its the earth mate, this happened on my valver but I didnt know where the earths were at the time, so i bridged across the lights from one side to the other front and rear and put a bigger fuse in, its still fine a year later........

Justin..
01-03-2007, 18:03
:roll:

find the fuse thats blown you lazy mofo, i already said its a red one :lol:

thelynx
18-03-2007, 17:07
Bump...Anybody know what the actual problem is? I have no dash lights(bar headlamp, full beam,temp and clock.) but everything else on the dash is not working... Checked all the fuses and none are blown.. And the dimmer aint the problem

ANYBODY ?

Matt_16v
18-03-2007, 20:13
have you checked/cleaned the earths?

thelynx
18-03-2007, 20:40
I have not, but dont know where to find them ?:shock:

Anyone know ?