PDA

View Full Version : Engine crane!!

Dancliovalver
27-02-2007, 08:53
ok guys got abit of a problem with my engine crane!!

i borrowed this from a friend about 6 months ago to take the engine out my valver!!

when the engine was taken out all was fine, lifted the engine straight away, foled it bak donw and stored it in my garage till the other week when i put the engine back in!!

this is where the problem started:

connected the crane up to the engine and started to jack the crane up, the crane took the slack, then teh strain from the engine but it wouldnt lift the engine off the floor

so i let the pressure back off and tried again, this time it picked it up alittle way off the floor then stoped again!!

so i kept doin that till it was high enuf to fit back into the car and havnt tried it since

im hoping the seal hasnt gone and kinda hoping it just needed to build pressure back up

any help would be very much apreciated :lol:

northy
27-02-2007, 09:11
so your saying the bottle jack part wont hold the pressure....sounds like you need it refurbing - machine mart can sort that for you imo

Dancliovalver
27-02-2007, 09:57
welll when its up off the floor it holds the pressure fine and keeps then engine up there, it was just trying to get it off the floor!!

Chris H
27-02-2007, 10:06
did you bleed it?

crack the release open a bit and pump it slowly about 10 times through the full range.

Dancliovalver
27-02-2007, 11:11
no i didnt bleed it, will try that when i get home!!!

how far do i need to screw out the release??

VIPERONE
28-02-2007, 11:35
there should be a hole mid way up the crane, fillit with jack oil.. it shoiuld work..sounds like its been laid incorrectly and the oil has leaked out fro =m the hole..