PDA

View Full Version : Hi from BBPT

Dave BB
12-05-2005, 13:28
Hiya guys, been hearing good things about this site dedicated to one of the best cars Renault have ever produced and we decided it was about time we got in on the action.

Hope to meet and speak to you guys soon.....

Dave BBPT

FlamingMonkey
12-05-2005, 13:35
Hello Dave and Welcome 8)

snakeylady
12-05-2005, 13:47
:D Hiya from a local[ish] willy 2 :D

northy
12-05-2005, 13:48
Hello Dave....we've all heard the good reviews your company has...it will be our pleasure to have you on board.

Enjoy....

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 14:16
Can you send me some free stuff please?

Dave BB
12-05-2005, 14:28
Can you send me some free stuff please?

No problem...... Have some free space

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 14:30
Your a funny guy, i like you ....

...thats why im going to kill you last.

Lunner
12-05-2005, 15:02
Welcome :D

Stromba, you watch too many arnie films

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 15:06
Whats the matter lunner? Been pushing too many pens?

Lunner
12-05-2005, 15:37
:?

Rudders16v
12-05-2005, 16:18
Hi Dave

Glad you got on the site, hope there's a club discount in the pipeline? :wink:

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 16:19
Free stuff???

Dave BB
12-05-2005, 16:36
Hi Dave

Glad you got on the site, hope there's a club discount in the pipeline? :wink:

Already being set up chaps, Good discounts for members only. Speaking of which........ spose I'd better join really! :lol:

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 16:38
Why members only?

What advantage is here for you if person A has given Northy or Fatboy a fiver or not?

northy
12-05-2005, 16:41
lol not this again...at the min there isnt much mate...but im working on it.

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 16:49
The discount will only be 10% or so anyway. Not exactly major discount. Even GSF do this on their slim margins.

I always ask companies for a 10% discount on prices anyway, and with a competitive market place, if someone else sells the same products, you can usually get it.

But you will still make money with a 10% discount so i really cant see how it makes any difference to you if the person asking is a member, a non member or from mars. You still make money and lose the same amount on the discount. :D

FATBOY
12-05-2005, 17:03
welcome dave! glad to have you onboard mate! :)

Dave BB
12-05-2005, 17:07
Actually, our openning discount is variable between products....

5% is the lowest with 18% being the highest at Trade level 1....

The reason why we offer our discounts to club members is because the club in question is helping us to generate business by using thier chat boards and hosting a banner for us (coming soon) so in return we give them a discount on parts and services. If these discounts where available to everyone then there would be less incentive for people to join the club. The club would therefore struggle through lack of revenue collected from members, we would then find a club thats failing and we wouldnt be seeing any increase in business etc etc etc

Its a kind of back scratching thing :D

Anyway, the whole point of us being here is to chat about the cars we love and enjoy :lol:

Rudders16v
12-05-2005, 17:46
Dave, i bought an advance ignition sensor thing from you ages ago for my 19 16v but never fitted it....... is this really going to benefit me if i fit this on my Williams? Only i've heard some not so good things about doing this, pinking etc?

Your HONEST opinion would be most appreciated (if you'd rather Pm me than post on the open forum, thats fine)

Cheers

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 17:50
Im not a member, but i do alot of work for this club. So i wouldnt get a discount then?

Ok fair enough ill go to Hillpower, who gives me a discount anyway. :D

Enid
12-05-2005, 19:23
Making it members discount only will encourage people to become a member, then the club will grow and get better. And eventually we will concour the WORLD!!!! muhahaha.

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 19:46
Hands Enid the red 'nuke' button

NickFr
12-05-2005, 20:16
Most of the major contributors to the forum appear to be paid members, I benefit very little from paying a fiver, however it pleases me to do so, anyone who wishes to promote their business on here should at the very least contribute to the running cost.

KS, I thought you had paid, or at least were going to at FCS? IMOH discount if any should be for paid members only. :wink:

Maybe, in reality WE could all get discount individually, to me it's a gesture of goodwill....the problem is that the forum is entirely seperate from the club, where its free to register.....I'll be blunt I am gobsmaked that some very regular users of this forum haven't paid to join yet :?

NickFr
12-05-2005, 20:19
How rude!! sorry fella and welcome :wink:

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 20:23
My fiver is here waiting, but im lazy so in reality i will pay Northy / fatboy at fcs.

Poeple will be more likely to join if we maintain the friendly pay if you want attitude. Start making people pay to get stuff and they will resent paying.

NickFr
12-05-2005, 20:28
My fiver is here waiting, but im lazy so in reality i will pay Northy / fatboy at fcs.

Poeple will be more likely to join if we maintain the friendly pay if you want attitude. Start making people pay to get stuff and they will resent paying.

I agree it's a fine line....not having a dig at anyone in particular it just seems odd that Purple Sun, who lives in Singapore pays and some nearer to home don't :wink:

dannyt
12-05-2005, 20:53
nice to hear from you dave!

big hp
12-05-2005, 23:50
Hello and welcome.

Oh and i'm paying my membership at FCS Nick. You've made me feel guilty now :cry:

NickFr
12-05-2005, 23:59
I know you were saw earlier post, this club will grow more quickly if as many people as possible contribute...it just appeals to me helping this little club grow so quickly.....you post a lot on this site and are one of its major contributors :wink:

Winston
13-05-2005, 00:28
Hi dave

Dave BB
13-05-2005, 09:11
Hi to everyone, Its nice to be welcomed into a new Renault club, Ill pop over at FCS and join with me fiver etc :lol:

Dave, i bought an advance ignition sensor thing from you ages ago for my 19 16v but never fitted it....... is this really going to benefit me if i fit this on my Williams? Only i've heard some not so good things about doing this, pinking etc?

Your HONEST opinion would be most appreciated (if you'd rather Pm me than post on the open forum, thats fine)

Cheers

Dont mind mate. The advance timing sensor does exactly this, advances the timing slightly, its about +6 degrees. We havnt had any issues of people's cars pinking on the sensors but we do reccomend that once fitted, people only use optimax / bp ultimate or another "98" octant fuel.

Best advice I can give from behind my computer screen is to try it and if you dont like it, put the old one back on. :wink:

No probs for now but lets keep the technical stuff in the right forum eh? :lol:

Rudders16v
13-05-2005, 09:31
Great thanks........ just thought i'd take advantage of you being here!

Cheers

2 live
13-05-2005, 10:10
hello and welcome mate

whens the discounts on?? hehe

and what gearbox mods do u do?

btw..i also think that discount should be members only...if ppl want to buy summat theyv read about on this forum, and they can get it 10% cheaper for paying a measly fiver...then they gunna do it, spesh if its summat expensive

KingStromba
13-05-2005, 10:37
Membership schmembership

Dave BB
13-05-2005, 11:25
Great thanks........ just thought i'd take advantage of you being here!

Cheers

Its no problem, is PART of the reason why im here.

Dave BB
13-05-2005, 14:53
hello and welcome mate

whens the discounts on?? hehe

and what gearbox mods do u do?

Discounts are available now, gear box mods = none, apart from uprated clutches etc. We have found the Williams box to be a bit of a tough old bird and doesnt mind too abuse.

J o n
13-05-2005, 15:13
welcome Dave, I've bought a shed load of bits from you guys in the past and always been happy with the prompt service... that and you dont advertise Lexus lights on the main page! :lol:

think the best thing I have bought from BB tuning is the low temp fan switch too, cannot recommend it highly enough!!! Northy and Monkey will vouch for it's awesomeness. If anyone else has not got one yet I seriously suggest getting one. They are cheap too... which should benefit Stromba... the pikey... get that fiver sent! ;) lol

KingStromba
13-05-2005, 16:00
Low temp schlow schtemp

scotte666
16-05-2005, 19:30
i havn't paid yet but im a lazy. if someones wants to come collect my fiver id be more than happy....