PDA

View Full Version : race exhaust

car13
26-02-2007, 19:06
Trying to identify the exhaust system below, states clearly not for road use full stainless 3 box system.

I was going to cut and shut it for my 5 hyrbid

FlamingMonkey
26-02-2007, 19:12
Looks like the magnex I had on my Williams

big hp
26-02-2007, 19:12
Aye is a magnex.

big hp
26-02-2007, 19:16
Look at the clio mk1 application code on this page

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/Magnex_Full_Cat_Back_System.php

XSR03 :wink:

car13
26-02-2007, 19:19
Thanks for that too good to cut up then anyone need one?

FlamingMonkey
26-02-2007, 23:00
IMHO the Magnex is the best sounding exhaust for the Williams, especially with a decat

I'll give ya a tenner ;)

Scougar
27-02-2007, 18:09
Think I might have one of these on my car.. and there is hardly any sound from the exhaust really :( Very quiet... although I do have a cat on the car still.

Matthew

car13
27-02-2007, 18:28
Think I might have one of these on my car.. and there is hardly any sound from the exhaust really :( Very quiet... although I do have a cat on the car still.

Matthew
Thats a good thing on a track day nothing worse than payoing your money and turning up and being over 100 db no play :oops:

FlamingMonkey
27-02-2007, 18:31

Matthew

Doubt its a Magnex then, mine was loud with the cat on and mega with decat.

Although saying that mine only had 2 silencers not 3 like in that pic

FlamingMonkey
27-02-2007, 18:32

Matthew
Thats a good thing on a track day nothing worse than payoing your money and turning up and being over 100 db no play :oops:

No worries with my magnex or powerflow on track, the powerflow is louder than the magnex I had.

Scougar
28-02-2007, 00:41
I didn't look as was in work cloths, but I remember that number XSR03 on my exhaust as I took 5 minutes looking up and down the exhaust 3 days ago (under the car) checking for a manufacturer, but couldn't find one. Then today I see the only sticker in my car (came with it) is a metal Magnex stuck on the glove box! lol.

Put boot down a bit on the motorway on way home tonight for 2 miles, sounds ok on fuel revs, but not 'that' loud really. I wonder if it is the cat or points to other problems... hmm.

Matthew

car13
28-02-2007, 10:59
noise is not everythnig I have used janspeed and power flow on former track cars the biggest differnce to noise is have a decent induction kit a decent 4 branch manifold not cat and a free flowing exhaust
the amount of kit under bonnet will effect noise to.

Most race based systems seem to be about 95db its just due to liberal idiots that buy home near a race track and then complain about noise

The man thing is to get gasses out quick to be fair on a non mondded car a decent free flowing back box will help that does not include labotimised bean tins as nova fans seem to buy.

The system has a silanced decat which is designed for comp use only and is beeter than a cat with ineerds banged out of pipe as again allows for more noise reduction so more bhp can be put through system with less noise

Pete

Scougar
28-02-2007, 11:17
What's the optimal exhaust diameter for the F7P (1.8"?) and F7R(1.9"?) engines?

Since I already have exhaust no point spending on another, but just wondering if any exhausts for the clio that taper so that as the exhaust gas cools on way through the exhaust (and contracts) it keeps the speed up (wrong term but tired so help me out here).

Matthew

david932
28-02-2007, 20:40
not sure but an f7r is a 2.0 :) and the term your looking for is "back pressure" :wink: