PDA

View Full Version : Driving gives bad hip?

Scougar
26-02-2007, 12:45
I know it's a little different topic... but does anyone get a bad left hip from driving there MK1? I've driven many cars/vans/buses in the past 12 years of driving and never got an aching hip! The clio is the first to do it lol. Wondering if anyone else has found this?

Matthew

schakal
26-02-2007, 12:58
time to get a mobility scooter young man :P

bluenose
26-02-2007, 13:03
PMSL. With an F7R conversion and willy wide track :lol:

Cant say ive ever had an aching hip tho mate.

Purple
26-02-2007, 13:10
It's the heavy clutch. I have got problems with my left ankle, knee and hip since driving the Williams. All worth it, I say. :D

Martin
26-02-2007, 13:12
never had a problem myself

Zollo
26-02-2007, 13:21
Nope, never had a problem at all. Although the driving position is completely rubbish, I'll give you that!

Smokey McPot
26-02-2007, 13:29
My knee was ****ed from using it in rush hour traffic for two years. Seems to be fine now I dont drive it as much :?

Scougar
26-02-2007, 14:21
So it's not just me :)

Once I fix the other problems, at a minimum I will be changing to the 'soft' clutch setup, and a have a play with a hydraulic clutch at best.

I seem to remember have a slave cylinder on my mini, so it may be possible to do a semi hydraulic setup with retaining the cable, but hooked up to the slave that operates the lever arm or some such. I have a metro gti sitting rusting in my garage so I should have a laugh with some parts :)

At best it will be fully hydraulic, although getting the pipes made up will be the biggest financial issue.

Once I move house in March i will be 19 miles from work in the sticks with no bus service, so unsure how at present I will get time to do it, whilst still being able to get to work. That is the only limiting factor really.

Will be an interesting experiment :) and yes... stop whinging, it will add weight :p

Matthew