PDA

View Full Version : Polybushes ?

northy
26-02-2007, 09:37
Does anyone have any fitted and where did you buy them from ???

stevie_b
26-02-2007, 10:25
Was going to fit a set of Powerflex ones, but then read bad things on the Scooby forums about them squeaking like mad after a few hundred miles. Am still tempted as the Clio will be pretty much track only, so let me know how you get on if you do fit them :lol: As for where to get them, if you go to http://www.powerflex.co.uk/distributors.asp you can choose your county and it will show you all the local stockists.

Martin
26-02-2007, 10:32
I've got them on mine....squeaked like fook when I got the car but seem to have quietened down in the 2k I've done..

northy
26-02-2007, 10:37
i bought some williams ones from rally design (cheaper and 3 choices or hardness) but when i tried to fit them they are sold all like what i took off....

martin where did yours come from mate ?

Martin
26-02-2007, 11:39
no idea fella......

northy
26-02-2007, 11:47
lol, do you know what colour they are martin ???

Rally designs williams ones are competely wrong....they are going back.

Not even close.

MatBrown
26-02-2007, 12:03
Yeah, someone else had a similar problem, KS.
The usual trick of selling 16v stuff as williams.

Mat.

northy
26-02-2007, 12:07
BB Tunning look like the only place they are avaliable from...powerflex look like 16v ones aswell.

Danlp6
26-02-2007, 12:21
Im trying to get some prototype ones made up by superpro, superpro supply all the bushes for the bowler wild cats etc, so are pretty damned good, and the quality and ease of fitment of the omes ive seen/used is nothing like the plastic ones from powerflex.

MatBrown
26-02-2007, 13:11
BB Tunning look like the only place they are avaliable from...powerflex look like 16v ones aswell.

Rob has the technical specs of which ones to fit.
www.clio-williams.co.uk if you want to know which ones to get.

Mat.

dimkais
26-02-2007, 15:38
lol, do you know what colour they are martin ???

Rally designs williams ones are competely wrong....they are going back.

Not even close.

Rich, i got from raldes a set of yellow bushes for mine but finally as i already had the half powerflex (i didn't wanted half blue and half yellow) on already i gave them to gakisclio and fitted them without problems...

northy
26-02-2007, 15:45
Thats the ones we got - yellow polysport from rallydesign....no where near right for a williams !

dimkais
26-02-2007, 15:53
Thats the ones we got - yellow polysport from rallydesign....no where near right for a williams !

Mine were correct tho...

big hp
26-02-2007, 18:58
Poly bushes if fitted properly should never squeak.

northy
27-02-2007, 14:18
really hard bushes will squeek mate

Looks like this is now sorted.....yet another part the williams shares with the 172's :winkey:

If anyone wants a set of Powerflex suspension bushes with 25% off....pm me for confirmation codes.

Delivery price £69.73.

Ktec and BB tunning are £110ish.

BRUN
07-03-2007, 00:58
they squeek like MAD, they are SO annoying to live with on a daily basis, never ever again

big hp
07-03-2007, 09:32
really hard bushes will squeek mate

Looks like this is now sorted.....yet another part the williams shares with the 172's :winkey:

If anyone wants a set of Powerflex suspension bushes with 25% off....pm me for confirmation codes.

Delivery price £69.73.

Ktec and BB tunning are £110ish.

Only going on info my mate who works at a race team gave me. Fits them all the time and says they never squeak if fitted in a certain way.

pat_986
07-03-2007, 10:05
I got a full set off eBay.....paid about £50 iirc.
They were powerflex purple items.

They never squeaked, and did work well even with just SPAX shock's+springs, but I hated them for road use just made me bounce all over the road.
+ the kit was very poor quality.....the ARB-Wishbone parts came with crappy washers that bent and eventually fell off leading to the bottom bush falling off.
Also you need to weld a metal ring into the wishbone to take the main bushes....this also was very poor quality and bent very easily.

Overall I think they would be grate on track but sh*t for road use.

northy
07-03-2007, 11:21
Mmmm nice new parts have just arrived....CLASS !

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/DSC00661.jpg

big hp
07-03-2007, 11:27
Nice.

I might invest in some myself soon, i'll be in touch northy :wink:

Might purchase some coilovers in next couple of weeks :twisted:

northy
07-03-2007, 11:28
no problems....25% off coming your way.

Zollo
07-03-2007, 11:37
Overall I think they would be grate on track but sh*t for road use.

Like most aftermarket parts then!

2 live
07-03-2007, 12:23
not necessarily..

big hp
07-03-2007, 19:04
Get em fitted and do a review northy :wink:

Can see if there worth the dollar. Going on LRG i take it????

2 live
07-03-2007, 21:18
0171 probly.

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 00:10
Get em fitted and do a review northy :wink:

Great idea :lol:

I was all set to get these yonks back but then read that:

i) they don't fit a Williams properly
ii) they squeak like mad
iii) they are really difficult to fit

If you can allay these fears then I will definitely have a set please!

Smudger
08-03-2007, 00:23
i personally wouldnt bother. you would be so surprised how replacing old williams bushes for new williams bushes can make such a diff

and they wont make your car feel like its hit a large pot hole everytime you run over a stone lol

Swervin_Mervin
08-03-2007, 00:23
Williams ARB is thicker than 16v and that#s why they don't fit.

DaveH
08-03-2007, 00:25
My brother had a set of these on his mk1 xr2 and they never made a sound and they fit properly, the handling was also second to none. It may just be a problem with williams ones. I will defo do it when i find out how Northy gets on with his!

northy
08-03-2007, 08:50
i personally wouldnt bother. you would be so surprised how replacing old williams bushes for new williams bushes can make such a diff

and they wont make your car feel like its hit a large pot hole everytime you run over a stone lol

true - but this is going to be a performance oriantated car - standard bushes were a last resort.

And they are off on 0171 - NLRG wont have uprated bushes. Cams yes !!!!

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 09:31
Williams ARB is thicker than 16v and that#s why they don't fit.

I can't quite picture it exactly at the moment, without the bits next to me, but I think the connection from the ARB to the wishbone is completely different on the valver compared to the Williams? And in Northy's photo the ARB end bush looks more like I was expecting from the Williams setup than the valver one?

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 10:12
Might purchase some coilovers in next couple of weeks :twisted:

There's a group buy kindly being organised by bill on Avos with a very good discount. Add yourself to the list here if you are interested as we are a few people short of making it happen at the moment...

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18369

Smudger
08-03-2007, 11:34

true - but this is going to be a performance oriantated car - standard bushes were a last resort.

And they are off on 0171 - NLRG wont have uprated bushes. Cams yes !!!!

i see i see, was kinda aimed at ppl considering them for everyday cars i suppose. im gonna get some new wishbones complete with bushes, ends etc and new williams anti-roll bar bushes. got no knocking yet but its on the list so might aswell do it

Scougar
08-03-2007, 12:34
I fitted poly bushes to my mini subframes (both brand new), and they took all the 'slop' out of the handling. It was very accurate and very good to drive.

They never squeaked, but did increase road noise as the is expected with an almost solidly mounted subframe.

I might expect anything that rotates inside a bush to squeak however (like the ARB), so use some grease :) (yes I know grease isn't a lubricant it's a heat remover).

Not sure if it's possible to get self lubricating bushes?

Matthew

BRUN
10-03-2007, 09:28
i think the trick to stop them squeeking is to put loads of copper grease on when you fit them