PDA

View Full Version : Top gear quotes for the 182 review

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 12:24
'We wouldnt fit carpet like that in a student bedsit'

'The cheapness of this thing beggers beleif'

'The drive train feels like its been taken from a tunnel boring machine'

'The steering wheel is far too large and you cant get your feet on the pedals if they are larger than size 9'

'Still this isnt the end of the world because the car will almost certainly fall apart before it makes you deaf and mad'

'Then theres the boot lid, which i think they did make out of tracing paper'

'In the front you think there are strips of aluminum that are as well made a Zurich airport......but it isnt.....its plastic'

'You get the impression this really isnt a quality product'

'Badly made, noisey, unformfortable, ungainly and cheap'

All this then its gets beaten round a track by a bread van.

Lunner
12-05-2005, 12:31
You really have too much time, lol

Wonder if you could find a review of the Willaims by Clarkson, wonder what he said about it

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 12:33
Funnily enough he loved it. I have it somewhere. Didnt have a bad word to say about it. Still rated as one of his favourite cars iirc.

Lunner
12-05-2005, 12:53
:D

summeh
12-05-2005, 13:19
Yus the williams gets an outstanding review by him. One of the few tbh.

Rudders16v
12-05-2005, 13:20
Yeah i remember seeing his review of it in his book of top 100 cars..... not many other Reno's made it into his list from what i can remember

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 14:07
I also thing that the 182 supplied to Evo Mag / autocar wasnt standard. The reason i say this is two fold:

They get a 0-60 of 6.2 seconds on a new engine. Im not being funny, but this means that (according to their figures) a run in 182 should be getting high 5's to 60 (ie keeping with a Delta Integrale evo under acceleration). No chance. Ive followed a 182 on a duel carriage way before i had a rebuild, and i could keep with him at any speed. No way my car will get anywhere high 5's to 60. Look at the GTA, i beleive it will only do low 6's to 60 due to the traction problems it has.

Secondly in the Phil Bennett review, he said even though he had the brakes on fire, he couldnt induce brake fade. WTF? People were complaining of bad fade after one lap of the 'Ring, and im sure the brakes were no where near the temp he had them in the review. IMO that is a bollocks review or the car was far from standard.

lagerlout1
12-05-2005, 17:34
Evo got 6.7 to 60 for the 182. :roll: You really are a bitter man.

Oh and the 182 was quicker round the Top Gear track than the CTR.

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 17:36
Not the new CTR, the old one

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 17:41
Evo got 6.7 to 60 for the 182. :roll: You really are a bitter man.

Oh and the 182 was quicker round the Top Gear track than the CTR.

Im not bitter in any way. I could go out and buy a 182 tomorrow if i wanted. Hell i could go out and order a V6 if i wanted one. I did think about it. But id rather have a Williams.

lagerlout1
12-05-2005, 21:05
I don't doubt it. I didn't really mean it in respect of whether or not you can afford one , I just don't understand why you have a 'grudge'.

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 21:16
I dont have a grudge. I just consider the car inferior as a drivers car, no matter what chavs tell me.

Hey if you want a toyed up soft core wagon that steers itself and stops you skidding, im sure its great. Justy not what i call a hot hatch.