PDA

View Full Version : Intro

mays
25-02-2007, 22:47
Just thought id introduce myself to the forum.

The car i currently run is a white J reg valver shell with the williams 3 lump.

i work at a scrap yard so bits come cheap. got the willy lump from work.

The car is only slightly modified with williams wheels sprayed anthrecite
Ibiza cupra splitter on the front and ive modified the front splitter to go on the back.

Ive customised my throttle body and am running an apec s series filter with a bmw 2.8 induct hose which i modded to fit. full powerflow zaust system with decat. running 1.8 16v zaust manifold as they seem better for performance.
Was running k-tec racings group N clutch until this week when i ****ed it. while the box was off i decided to put in a 172 gearbox and have gone for the standard renault part clutch. when i had the willy lump out i replaced all the essentials. cam belt. waterpump. and i put in a k-tec cool running thermo. standard map with no other mods. had it on the rollers last week and suprisingly it ran 172 at the fly with 130 lbft torque. Impressed and i still want to go more.

has many other little mods. ie . williams clocks and aux dials. ital v atlanti steering wheel. changed the heater controls to mk2. black leather soon to be sold for 2 bucket seats. offers welcome.

thanks for looking . pms welcome
danny

Joel
25-02-2007, 22:48
Welcome to WC!

nyk
25-02-2007, 22:50
Welcome to the site.

get some pics of you car up!!

:lol:

mays
25-02-2007, 23:35
will get some pics of the clio up as soon as. its in bits at the mo havin the 172 box n new clutch put in. im hoping to be reaching around 180 bhp within the next few weeks. im after a set of kent cams and im trying to find a company who make inlet manifolds. not too keep on the bodies as for price and power gains. Many people fail to realise that the flow of the intake air plays a big part on bhp. im porting the throttle body this weekend and i do believe that my intake system plays a large part in the cars 180 hp. str8 from the fog light through the custom stainless pipes through the wheel arch located bmc cda. back through the subframe to the throttle body. which does happen to be from a r19. sounds alot more complicated than it is.

wavy
25-02-2007, 23:44
welcome mate
u work at a scrap yard so bits will flow 8)
im interested in what u are sayining about air flow n stuff easy cheap mods are best :) porting the throttle body has been talked about and seems no big gains could be had from just that
TB are the easyest way to big bhp but very dear

dave

nyk
26-02-2007, 00:26
as above ported throttole bodies have been discussed before- see performance tuning section.

I'm sure everyone would like to see pics of your car as work in progress. :wink:

Also, I'm sure everyone would like to know where your based, and what scrap yard it is you work in that gets Williams in!! lol

Good luck with the work mate.

Zollo
26-02-2007, 11:05
Welcome mate. Sounds like a nice Clio you've got... give us some pics :wink:

mays
26-02-2007, 19:24
ye well my cars still in bits at the mo. il take a bundle of pics and publish them on here prob be friday sum time depending on how well the clutch and box go on.
I origionally had the 1.8 valver box on and i all seemd fine . until a problem occured with the release bearing or something. i think it may have jammed or caught in some way. as the gears worked fine engine off. engine on and no gear could be selected. although if i put it in 1st say and then started it with the clutch down it would take off. LOL. Mad.
But im not too keane on the clios very snappy standard clutches anyway. the only cure is to change the box. The clutches are only snappy due to the short release bearing shaft on the box. The new 172s and megane 2.0 16s boxs have a longer shaft. Therefore the clutches are alot easier to use and not at all snappy. i got the box dirt cheap from my work £150.. HEHE. and ive only had to customise the mount to get it to fit properly.
As for the induction kit like i said its a jazzy piece of kit and by far the best thing for the valvers and williams. with such a tight and compact engine bay like they have the spce for a filter is rediculous.
With k&ns.. Green cotton... even the vipers. hot air still floats around under the bonnet... and with the vigorous induction of the engines its easily thought that the hot air gets drawn in.. with my system thers nothing but cold air ... ive designed it totally myself and havent copied any one elses idea. i had to be careful when i designed it as water. will easily get drawn in and thats no good. works brill though. roller tested car with standard box and then with my design and it gained 8.4 hp which if im right by sayin is alot from an induction kit.

i will quite gladly make another one of my induction kits for members who are interested.

Anyway. So yes i live in Doncaster... South Yorkshire
And i work at doncaster motor spares. Huge place. thers not many cars we dont see. we have had more newer shape civic type rs in than ive seen on the road. Its a great job though because anything i need or want i get dirt cheap. As for the williams. it was, believe it or not an un-taxed vehicle and came in not so long back. totally standard bar a magnex exhaust system and a k&n. everything. and i mean everything has gone from it. thers nothing left but possibly a radiator.
i got the engine for 250... what an absolute bargain. Runs and performs like a dream

Anyway.... said enough now... Members who wanna chat feel free to add me
Dmayza@hotmail.com

Thanks to everyone for the welcoming

look forward to meetings and so forth.
Danny

steve740
26-02-2007, 19:26
Welcome to the site

big hp
27-02-2007, 23:51
Welcome.

Hope you enjoy your stay.