PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! Immobilisor problems

Quinn
25-02-2007, 10:54
Hello.

My sister's 1.4 clio RT R reg has developed another problem.

The imobilisor is stuck in the on position.

THe key fob's red light works but the immobilisor isn't registering.

The sunroof is leaking fairly badly now, I've offered to seal the sunroof but she wants to use a sunroof in the summer.

I think this is cause of the problem, perhaps water has damaged the infared reciever unit. Is there anyway to disable the immobilisor without having to pay Renault the jokingly high fee?

Permanently disabilising the immobilisor is an option if available.

Also the nearside lock barrel seems to have disengaged itself from the lock catch, when using the key from outside it does not unlock, the barrel simply turns 90'.

I think this is a security measure, are there any fixes for this without buying a new lock set?

Any help appreciated.

Rich
25-02-2007, 11:01
you need to take the remote sensor out of the sunroof console and dry it out. then seal the sunroof and areiel or its just gonna happen all the time i'm afraid.

number1
25-02-2007, 14:34
try an ecu off a model without the immobiliser thats where the immobiliser is on the valvers etc have you got a little button on the end of the wiper stalk? on the ph2 valvers you can enter in a code to disable the immobiliser..

Dave

richy
25-02-2007, 14:48
most likely it is the reciver in the roof if theres a water leak, you can try to dry it out and see if it works, you could take the main board out of it and see if theres any corrosion etc from the water

also the key fob red light may be working but it dont mean its sending a signal, weve had loads were the IR diode has broken off, easy way to test that is use your camera phone(if you have one) and point the key at it and press, your should see the IR diode light up with your camera(cant be seen by eye)

really need to seal up your sunroof otherwise it will allways ruin the recivers!