PDA

View Full Version : FAO Mark RRRRRRRitchspeeeeeed

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 09:41
Would it be possible to get a wilwood 4 pot caliper for the front wheels with a track pad and interchange it with a standard caliper?

I really like the standard breaks on my car but if i do some track days (when i eventually get my car running how i want it :wink: ) i would like the extra stopping power.

So what im saying is i just want to take standard calipers off, run wilwoods on track, then revert to standard, keeping the same disks and perhaps just chaning the rear pads to the same track pad.

If so how much am i looking at for just the caliper? I have goodridge hoses already. While the calpier was off between track days i could clean it and prep it for the next one.

Also im going to try the good year 195 50 15's on the front with 185s on the rear. Can you envisage any probs running F1's front with pilots rear? If its aweful i will get F1's rear too, but just wanted to try that set up before i take the Pilots off, to see whether it keeps the back nice and adjustable like you say. I think this would suit my driving style.

Allan
12-05-2005, 12:16
even if it did fit stromba, you will have to bleed your brakes every time you change caliper ! and i can see you wanting to get any of that near the paint !

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 12:29
Id prob fit them for a couple of track days them go back to originals.

Lunner
12-05-2005, 12:32
I think once you've had and used 4 pots you won't be going back to orignals, personally

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 12:34
Yeah i will as the 4 pots arnt sealed. I dont want hassel in the winter with all the shit on the roads round here, rather fit a sealed caliper in the winter.

Mark_Ritchspeed
12-05-2005, 13:37
Even though they arent dust sealed, you really shouldnt get any problems with damaging the pistons and fluid seals.

Mine are over 4 years old now and never once been refurbished. Been used for rallying, trackdays and road use without problem. I also live by the sea where everything gets badly corroded very quickly, but the brakes have always been fine.

Actually changing the calipers back and forward is a fairly easy job , if you choose to do it that way. But, I used to use a softer compound pad for road use and then swap at the track to the full race pad. With the Wilwoods actually just changing the pads takes about 1minute each side once the wheels are off. They do need longer hoses than standard though.

KingStromba
12-05-2005, 14:14
So give me a price so i can budget for just the calipers.

I need longer hoses than my goodridge?

stan
12-05-2005, 14:57
on the subject, wot piston diamater calipers do u use mark?

Mark_Ritchspeed
12-05-2005, 22:35
Let you know tomorrow. The list is down the workshop. :oops: