PDA

View Full Version : remap, how much?

bill.
24-02-2007, 12:09
as title please guys, i fancy getting my cams and pulleys fitted soon, so would like to know how much it costs to get it set up/mapped at chipswizard

cheers

bill.
24-02-2007, 12:11
oops, ment to post in the general :roll:

Martin
24-02-2007, 12:12
Used to be 350 for wc members...might have gone up since?

bill.
24-02-2007, 12:14
cheers martin, thought it was around that price, should be worth it though :D

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 15:12
Hillpower charge £340 all in to club members.

Mat.

2 live
24-02-2007, 15:38
but for the best results..the extra 10er is well worth it ;)

Matt_16v
24-02-2007, 15:40
when you can get hold of Wayne :roll:

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 18:54

In your opinion.
I would rather go to someone i trust than someone who needs mistakes pointing out to them.

Mat.

2 live
24-02-2007, 19:12
lol^^^

well he never made a mistake with mine....or quite a few others whov been there.

and after 2+ years its still gettin the results..........without a battery off period of 12 hrs in evry 24 ;)

iv had 2 diff kill power chips on my car....not been impressed with either of em tbh.

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 19:15
So you are comparing a rolling road remap with a 2nd hand off the shelf chip?

Mat.

FlamingMonkey
24-02-2007, 19:15

In your opinion.
I would rather go to someone i trust than someone who needs mistakes pointing out to them.

Mat.

haha aimed at me im guessing, as I have said a million times before, new lambda and diff manifold since the reamp and running on nick rollers, its gonna make a diff.

But personally I dont give a shit, Nick knows his shit, Wayne knows his shit. Im not gonna argue about it on a ****in forum.

Id go Waynes again, bill your near me, so is wayne, its an obvious choice really.

Oh and Wayne was £300 ex vat for me.

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 19:17

In your opinion.

Mat.

haha aimed at me im guessing, as I have said a million times before, new lambda and diff manifold since the reamp and running on nick rollers, its gonna make a diff.

But personally I dont give a s**t, Nick knows his s**t, Wayne knows his s**t. Im not gonna argue about it on a F***IN forum.

Id go Waynes again, bill your near me, so is wayne, its an obvious choice really.

Oh and Wayne was £300 ex vat for me.

Hehe,
Not looking for an argument mate.

Mat.

2 live
24-02-2007, 19:21

Mat.

no .......but his generic chips made little or no diff wotsoever..

waynes chip off my car has been on about 4-5 diff cars now.and the improvement it makes is very noticable straight from the off.

so.an off the shelf chip, generic for all engines...and a r/r mapped one ...albeit from a completely diff car/spec/eng etc. the chip mapped for wrong mods was streets ahead of the generic chip thats SUPPOSED to give the gains the chip wizards one DELIVERED

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 19:34

Mat.
so.an off the shelf chip, generic for all engines...and a r/r mapped one

I thought you said no? :wink:

Mat.

Rich
24-02-2007, 20:10
being honest i've only ever heard bad hillpower points from 2live, nobody else. mats point is the 1st one i've known about from wayne. so 1-1 in my book :lol: i'd go to either personally.

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 20:32
Please let's not turn this into a competition or an argument.
I was simply letting Bill know the cost of a rolling road remapping session.
It's no secret 2live doesn't like Hillpower based on a 2nd hand chip that he never even contacted Nick about.

Mat.

Rich
24-02-2007, 20:40
It's no secret 2live doesn't like Hillpower based on a 2nd hand chip that he never even contacted Nick about.

Mat.

not my intention mate :oops: i was just taking the piss really with the 1-1 thing but both companies :idea: both of them must be doing something right to be in business as long as they have been.

2 live
25-02-2007, 02:09

Mat.

make that 2 diff hill power chips. 1 as new from the first buyer..i.e. craggy. it came with the willy 2 i bought off him so really not 2nd hand....car was quicker imo with std chip. and also tried this chip on mine, and anoter since....same result.......shite.

2 live
25-02-2007, 02:14
i have nothing against nick

i just dont like to see ppl ripped off.......

ask him about his super duper 172 tuning that he didnt even want associating with back a few years.......re. tuning r/r day.....lmfao.......of course mag featured.........loadsa mods....less than std hp./...fair play to the man with a chunk o money in the bank for false promisees lol.

bill.
25-02-2007, 17:23
chipswizards it will be, only as its the closest place to though, as mentioned :lol:

Nick Hill
25-02-2007, 23:48
Which 172 was that?

2 live
26-02-2007, 10:18
was a customers years ago.you brought it up to the mag featured r/r day at re in bury..organised by brun....quite a few years ago..u were that embarrassed by its poor performance u wouldnt even let the mag take details of it iirc.

2 live
26-02-2007, 10:22
was pgti featured...there were quite a few ppl there.cpt slarty, me , ged, brun, kel, adietc etc etc ....most of the old skool crew....

J o n
26-02-2007, 12:12
to be fair I've only used a 2nd hand HP chip but it was MUCH quicker on the standard ECU and didn't need resetting for 24 hours after every drive. I'd imagine his RR'd ones are infinitely better, but I've got a bit more experience of mapping these days from having the 172 and imo it goes:

1. GDI

2. Ric Wood

3. Chip Wizards...

My justification being that Wayne couldn't map the TT on a DTA and he's supposed to be the best on them, so using my own (probably flawed) logic he seems better when they are not complicated as hell to work on.

Ric Wood next because he pissed around with mine when the ECU kept losing it's settings, car drove okay, just lacked some serious pull up top but was mean below...

Finally Andy at GDI as he's the one that's got my car running better than ever and is the only OMEX approved fitter and distributor in the UK, OMEX themselves had checked my map and it was 'perfect'. Their words not mine... says it all to me really.