PDA

View Full Version : OIL TEMP SENSOR/SENDER

Ingram11
23-02-2007, 23:49
i seem to have sprung an oil leak from near the starter motor,it is only a slight one(small drops when parked up for a few hours)i am led to think tht its sumthin to do with the oil gauges,which sensor is located near the starter motor and r they easy to remove/refit?it isnt the rocker gaket also?cheers,any ideas,i am convinced its the oil sensor one of 3 coz it was removed the other day,by my mechanic?

Coops
24-02-2007, 00:06
nope, oil sensors are only 2 of!

level and temp on front of block near dipstick

pressure on other side of block at the back, near brake resevior

leak on that side wud be either rocker gasket or HG, most likely candidates neway!

Ingram11
24-02-2007, 01:41
yeh thts it,the on on the back near brake res,near eat sheild manifold etc?r they easy to replace?and how much do they cost

Coops
24-02-2007, 18:50
new a fair bit, but if its still working, as in ur oil pressure gauge is working in the car, i'd just whip it out and reseal it with new o-ring or whatever seals it, am not sure having never had mine out

just a single wire to it and a spanner shud get it off, not sure how easy with all engine in etc but just have a nosey till u find it

MatBrown
24-02-2007, 19:09
new a fair bit, but if its still working, as in ur oil pressure gauge is working in the car, i'd just whip it out and reseal it with new o-ring or whatever seals it, am not sure having never had mine out

Copper washer.
77 00 690 542 WASHER PLUG/INJEC .88

Mat.

Coops
24-02-2007, 19:12
cheers man! wasnt sure what it wud be! :lol: