PDA

View Full Version : how to change an AUX belt?

obie_shaun996
22-02-2007, 21:09
head light out.? bonnet off?

hopfully will stop the sweekin noise.. and ppl give me and adive on how to change it? Manythinks. Shaun

cliolord
22-02-2007, 21:34
do not remove the bonnet, remove headlight if you want to make it abit easier but you dont have to do that either unless your completely removing the alternator....Disconnect battery, remove the alternator bolts (do not touch the tensioner for the drive belt if renewing the belt)...Pop the alternator off and keep hold of it (leaving the connector and feed wires connected. With great skill or with aid from a friend, feed the new belt around the pulleys all except the alternator. Place the belt around the pulley on the alternator and then force the alternator to seat correctly whilst doing the bolts up. I'm crap at explaining so I hope you know what I mean :lol: I will say that the aux tensioner is a complete TNUC (read it backwards) to do! :lol: Good luck

1995clio16v
22-02-2007, 21:47
Personally I would remove the bonnet as it makes things a lot easier.

I had to slacken my belt for removing the alternator, and attempted taking it off with the bonnet on at first, but found it far far easier with the bonnet off.

I know your not removing the alternator, but it's still a fiddley job more than anything.

That would be my advice, you can as cliolord say definately do it with the bonnet on. Would prob be more fiddley though.