PDA

View Full Version : What else other than a clio?

donsrno1
21-02-2007, 20:34
I have been looking for a while for a hybrid but as of yet I've not got one due to various reasons (beyond my budget/misunderstandings/couldn't travel at that time etc) so I'm starting to look for something else as I really want to get myself something asap and am sick of waiting around for a clio.

So, what suggestions would people have?

Would be up to a budget of say £2.5k (though that would be pushing it with insurance and stuff to pay as well).

I would be looking for something of at least williams pace if possible really. Considering getting a mk2 crx Vtec at the moment, though I've yet to drive one to see how they are.

Thanks.

seanofnp
21-02-2007, 21:32
I have a MK3 (Del Sol) SiR and a MK2 CRX 16v.

The 16v if it has a decent engine will probably be easily on par if not faster than a valver.

SiRs should be on par with a williams id have thought if not a wee bit behind due to the torque! (Mk2 CR-X) Also they come with all the best goodies.

My 16v is getting treated to a 2.2 VTEC prelude engine soon! Im hooked on the car, its great. Go for it!

:)

Winston
21-02-2007, 21:35
I'd keep waiting

big hp
21-02-2007, 21:36
Buy Doms (artnmotion) hybrid. Is a good mate of mine and can honestly say car is spot on and bang on your budget of 2.5k.

donsrno1
22-02-2007, 01:23
I've PM'd artnmotion to check about price etc just now.

The thing is that there is a 180bhp crx fairly near me which should be just within my budget with a big brake conversion, coilovers etc etc. The problem is that it's very high milage (160k) so I don't really know if I want to spend that sort of money on a car with that milage, though I know the engines in them are rediculously strong and go on for ages.

I would love an SiR import, but unfortunately couldn't afford the insurance on one at the moment.

How do they compare in straight line speed in peoples opinions? I've asked on a CRX forum and a few have said the VT is a bit quicker from their experience. They also generally seem to say that the handling is better on the VT - would people with experince of them agree with that?

bluenose
22-02-2007, 10:00
Loads of my mates have honda's, they all worship them! lol. One of them has a 160bhp civic Jordan and that was slower than the willy in all aspects. I've never had a go at the lad with the CRX Sir V-Tec (the import model) but i've heard that it isnt too much faster than the Jordan. They stick to the road like shit to a blanket though and apparantly respond well to being tuned. The main thing i like about them is the rev limit and in all fairness they sound awesome when the V-Tec kicks in!

steve740
22-02-2007, 10:13
I wouldnt worry too much about the ,ileage though as iirc there has only ever been one v-tec engine killed in the history of them being produced and that was because it was run with no oil in it

Zollo
22-02-2007, 10:28
iirc there has only ever been one v-tec engine killed in the history of them being produced and that was because it was run with no oil in it

Not exactly! It's that there's not been one single warranty claim against Honda's V-tec system since it's been in production :)

TriO`
22-02-2007, 10:38
yeah but you could say the same about Renault :roll:

:lol: :P

MatBrown
22-02-2007, 11:32
iirc there has only ever been one v-tec engine killed in the history of them being produced and that was because it was run with no oil in it

Not exactly! It's that there's not been one single warranty claim against Honda's V-tec system since it's been in production :)

Erm, Nope.
My mate had a new engine fitted to his ITR under warranty.

Mat.

Zollo
22-02-2007, 11:35
But was that because of a fault with the actual V-tec Mat?

Either way, it's probably a myth anyway :roll:

steve740
22-02-2007, 11:51

ahh right, knew I heard something along those lines!!

MatBrown
22-02-2007, 13:06
But was that because of a fault with the actual V-tec Mat?

Either way, it's probably a myth anyway :roll:

Well, he was coming off the motorway and got 2nd instead of 4th. lol.

Mat.