PDA

View Full Version : NO POWAAAAR :-(

Dancliovalver
21-02-2007, 19:04
ok i have finallyu managed to fit everything in the engine bay, put the battery in its tray, connected the connections and nothing has happened!!!!! no interior light, no bleeping of clifford alarm, nothing, except a lil spark when ou touch the positive on its batery connection!!

what should be the first thing i cheack for??

Danlp6
21-02-2007, 19:09
you've left a wire off somewhere!

Clio_GTT
21-02-2007, 19:53
flat battery, earths not connected

Danny-ACE!
21-02-2007, 19:55
OH NO!!!
What a ball ache. Might pop round and have a look tomorrow if you aint got it done?

Dancliovalver
21-02-2007, 20:04

that was my first thought, gonna really piss me off lol

could anyone tell where ALL the earth points are please :lol:

cheers guys

P.S Danny pop round if ya want mate :lol:

Clio_GTT
21-02-2007, 20:10

that was my first thought, gonna really piss me off lol

could anyone tell where ALL the earth points are please :lol:

cheers guys

P.S Danny pop round if ya want mate :lol:

Front crossmember, gearbox mount ..

jwarren2k2
22-02-2007, 20:11
get a new battery, at least that way, you've got a new battery for a few years whether it fixes the problem or not... sounds like battery tho.
I had this on my 1.2... the hazards or lights wouldnt even work when being towed home at 3am!! haha! New battery was the answer for me!

James

Rich
23-02-2007, 00:46
battery, interior lights would work if battery had any juice. check its not flat (obviously) and check the negative side

Dancliovalver
23-02-2007, 08:34
sorted it guys thanks alot for the help

my cars got a shitty clifford alarm and i was putting the earth for that on the positive on the battery so it was shorting it all out :lol:

well chuffed, gonna try n start her up tonite, will let you all know how it goes :lol:

Dancliovalver
23-02-2007, 19:02
ok part 2 of my NO POWAAAAAAR thread

took me a new battery up tonite, fitted it and all seems well

put some petrol in as there was non left in the tank (that went all over the floor lol)

twist the key and it starts to turn over, i was thinking great let it pull tru some petrol and it should start................BUT its a Renault so it decideds it doesnt wanna start, turns over really nice and smooth but refuses to start!!!

took out the spark plugs and tested every one and they all spark so fook knows whats up with it

could be somthing stupid like one of the 3 immobilisers i have but i have no idea

HELLLP :cry:

MAXIBOY
23-02-2007, 19:07
think some immobilisers cut the fuel pump so if you have a spark check you have fuel next

Dancliovalver
23-02-2007, 19:09
whats the best way to do that?? check end of spark plugs??

MAXIBOY
23-02-2007, 19:11
no remove the fuel line off the fuel rail. but be careful as it should be under pressure. then put the end in a clear 2 litre bottle and crank. see if any fuel comes though.

Dancliovalver
23-02-2007, 19:13
good idea, will give that ago over the weekend!!!

and whta if fuel does come thru, any more thoughts??

2 live
23-02-2007, 19:20
plug leads on wrong wy round.

MAXIBOY
23-02-2007, 19:22
you need three things really. fuel spark and compression. all at the right time. but if the first fault was battery i would guess fuel. also what car as valvers need at least a tenners worth of fuel i believe to get it from the aux tank.

Dancliovalver
23-02-2007, 19:55
its now a hybrid, but still using the tank i originally had!!!!

well ive only stuck a couple of quids worth of fuel in, just incase imissed a hose out and it went pissin out everywhere, do u rekon i shud try usin more fuel??

MAXIBOY
23-02-2007, 19:57
try to see if it comes though. if not add more fuel and try again. then if not you looking at a fuel pump/ immobiliser probs