PDA

View Full Version : GDI Built a 1.8 20V mk1 Clio

Flan
19-02-2007, 14:02
I was out in Newquay Saturday for a RSC gumball rally and PGTI came down to take pics of the event, they then cam out with us and I ended up chatting to the guy from PGTI, he asked me what I drove and I told him Elise and we got onto previous owned cars and I told him about the 20v I build. He said oh yer GDI have build one of them, I said “what a mk1” he said yer, I said what colour. He said Black with Silver Williams wheels……… :shock:

Hang on a F*ckin minute… :x … you what!!!

I was not happy and put him straight into line. The new owner “top bloke” put GDI stickers on it so now people must be assuming it was built by them…

Recon I should get some “ Flan-Engineering” stickers made up…

Sorry to rant on just annoyed me a bit… :roll:

northy
19-02-2007, 14:07
take it as a complement mate ! If you want any stickers doing let me know lol

Whats it been to gdi for ???

FincH
19-02-2007, 14:12
Bunch of cunts.

clowo16v
19-02-2007, 14:15
It takes the piss doesnt it I had a similar problem with a locost I built I went to a show after the guy I built it for sold it, and it was there and the owner was going on about how he built the chassis etc etc.

Pissed him right off when I showed him where i'd stamped "locost 003 built by matt smith" into one of the chassis members inside the bootlid lol. Never seen so many people call one person a cunt all at once lol

Matt

Clio_GTT
19-02-2007, 14:33
Surely its just an assumption made by PGTi ? The kids stuck GDI stickers on the car and they've assumed, not really Andy's fault

Flan
19-02-2007, 14:36
I Know the owner wasn't saying gdi did it as hes a top bloke. But people assume. i doubt gdi would say it was theres.

Basicaly it want there (and i don't wanna say too much as the car is not mine now and its not my place to gudge) but it started running rough and crap on boost so he took it there so they could sort it. He also brought a custome intercooler/red setup (very nice) from pace. BUT the think is if you change bits its not going to run the same. im 99% sure the evo intercooler flowed better that most aftermarke intercoolers so i only needed 10psi off boost (if it flows you don't need to force it) so that would have changed it.

Gdi tryed to set it up but it still cuts out sometimes at low revs, gdi said its coz the emerald box doesn't have enough control for cold idel control.. or summit :roll:

But how come it was fine when i had it... :?

J o n
19-02-2007, 14:50
Andy wont have made that claim Flan, I've been up there before and he said you'd converted it. TBH and no ofense is meant here at all, but he wouldn't claim a home conversion as one of his own, not a chance.

Andyvalver
19-02-2007, 16:30
Cant belive you sold that car! :roll:

Flan
19-02-2007, 19:41
Andy wont have made that claim Flan, I've been up there before and he said you'd converted it. TBH and no ofense is meant here at all, but he wouldn't claim a home conversion as one of his own, not a chance.

well thats good to know, i didn't think he would must just be the numpty from pgti lookin at A pic and assuming.

oh well. i wonder "when" another 20v clio will appear :wink:

Fred
11-03-2007, 21:27
he wouldn't claim a conversion as one of his own, not a chance.

you should've asked him who did the ETCC touring car TB conversion :lol:

J o n
12-03-2007, 10:42
he wouldn't claim a conversion as one of his own, not a chance.

you should've asked him who did the ETCC touring car TB conversion :lol:

well I doubt it would be you, as your not really a tuner are you? Kwik fit of the car tuning world :roll: ... yet hardly quick...

Ali
12-03-2007, 14:15
lol, i hate people that put stickers on their cars without having any work done there!

DanClio
12-03-2007, 14:46

well thats good to know, i didn't think he would must just be the numpty from pgti lookin at A pic and assuming.

oh well. i wonder "when" another 20v clio will appear :wink:

there was a rumor of k-tec building one but i don't think anything has come of it yet..

Joel
17-03-2007, 12:18
U were the Original though Flan?! 8)