PDA

View Full Version : New clutch cable - Different part number now?

1fast6
17-02-2007, 16:39
Just picked up another clutch cable from Renault and the part supplied (although suitable apparently) is a different part number.

Normally the part has code: R77 00 829 067

This cable has part no: R60 01 025 926

I've run a search and noticed Daz was given a clutch cable with the 60* part number too.

One of the main differences is the rubber grommet connection at the gearbox and also there is no plastic grommet for in the footwell now.

I'm hesitant to use it encase it snaps from wearing on the hole in the footwell.

Any ideas? perhaps this is a cable for a MK2 clio?

1995clio16v
17-02-2007, 22:45
Right,

I have had issues with renault with this recently. The cable at the gearbox end is totaly different, but they insist 100% that it's the right cable.

When I fitted it though it wouldn't engage into gear no matter what I tried.

When I had a new clutch fitted the technician couldn't even get it to work so it was definately the wrong one.

But renault still insisted it was the correct cable.

I have now reverted reluctantly to a copy cable, as the renault one won't work.

I can't remember the part number but perhaps you got the same cable as me?

What is the correct part number?

I know there are already posts on this.

Swervin_Mervin
18-02-2007, 00:23
I've fitted one recently but it came with the car and sadly I threw the packaging away with the number on so couldn't tell you which one it was. had a few issues with it struggling to get in gear but it seems ok now.

What does the end look like? I could compare with mine.

1fast6
19-02-2007, 09:44
The end of the cable does not have a black plastic cap it has a metal cap. Also the connector for the bulkhead is white plastic not black plastic.

Other differences, stuff like the gearbox eye grommet is a different design.

Will get a pic asap. Worried now that this is the wrong cable...

Swervin_Mervin
19-02-2007, 14:42
I remember the one I fitted had a white bulkhead connector. Can't remember about the cap.

1fast6
20-02-2007, 18:25
Took it back in the end as it was different and didn't want to have any possible issues.

Seems that if ren use Dialogies (sp) to bring up parts without a reg number or chassis code, you will get the 60 * number for the clutch cable suitable for mk1 clios. If you give them a reg number you will get the old part number starting with 77.

Strange.

Swervin_Mervin
20-02-2007, 19:09
You've got me worried now! Mine seems fine at the mo.