PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid, which way is best?

alex_blue16v
16-02-2007, 10:27
So for a while ive been thinking ive hydrid'n the valver and i was just wonderin what is the best way to go in peoples opinions.
should i go f7r block on a 1.8 head, considering its gonna get flowed and cammed etc, and if i do this can i run it on the 1.8 ecu with a remap.
or an f7r block with a williams head and a williams ecu, also flowed and cammed etc?

any help or ideas appreciated
cheers alex

2 live
16-02-2007, 10:35
buy a wrapped up williams n transfer evrything.

sell wot u dont use...works out cheaper in the long run

failing that, meg lump, worked valver head will b fine and a remapped ecu will be of benefit on all if ur gunna run cams.

MAXIBOY
16-02-2007, 11:00
as above. using megane inlets in re worked valver head.

alex_blue16v
16-02-2007, 11:20
sweet, cheers boys h
ave to start puttin some money together, any ideas wot cost im lookin at for an engine?

MAXIBOY
16-02-2007, 11:56
engine 400 to 600. complete car 1000

2 live
16-02-2007, 12:10
depends tbh. i just paid £125 for a bottom end. will see how it runs soon lol

full cars can go from as little as 400 upwards. near a grand n id say ul b pushed to make a decent profit off breakin one .

alex_blue16v
16-02-2007, 12:19
ok, a final thing im gonna widetrack it as well so ill probably go the route of buying a written off williams, just to check the bits i need for a widetrack are:
Anti Roll Bar
Wishbones
Driveshafts
Shocks and Springs
anything else? would it just be easier to change the whole subframe etc over as one.
cheers boys

alex

Dan_mk1
16-02-2007, 13:18
Do a search dude, there's loads of post's about widetracking...and theres a downloadable pdf over on retro renault iirc

MAXIBOY
16-02-2007, 14:49
yes mate. buy a williams drop the subframe engine and box a swap the whole lot over. replace anything that looks dodgy while its out though. then break the rest and sell your entire front end and ecu to someone looking for a valver upgrade.

VIPERONE
16-02-2007, 15:14
i run a standard valver head on a meg bottom end with no problems

albeit with performance cams in.

jay s
16-02-2007, 19:16
ok, a final thing im gonna widetrack it as well so ill probably go the route of buying a written off williams, just to check the bits i need for a widetrack are:
Anti Roll Bar
Wishbones
Driveshafts
Shocks and Springs
anything else? would it just be easier to change the whole subframe etc over as one.
cheers boys

alex

bit of advice mate, buy a working williams and sell the valver. ive done all the above and trust me it does'nt come cheap and looking back i wish i got a williams first off. i know its a higher ins group but you get the f7r, widetrack, better gearbox, and no hole in the roof :D all as std. works out a hell of alot cheaper in the long run

Rich
16-02-2007, 19:34
well unless your like me and got most of your widetrack for free :wink: :P

MAXIBOY
16-02-2007, 19:45
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19510

MattyH16valver
16-02-2007, 21:20
Anti Roll Bar
Wishbones
Driveshafts
Shocks and Springs
cheers boys

alex

bit of advice mate, buy a working williams and sell the valver. ive done all the above and trust me it does'nt come cheap and looking back i wish i got a williams first off. i know its a higher ins group but you get the f7r, widetrack, better gearbox, and no hole in the roof :D all as std. works out a hell of alot cheaper in the long run

I'd have to agree with this...I have both and it can get expensive going down the hybrid route. I bought a willy 2 not long ago as I've always wanted the full package, and have'nt looked back since! My insurance this year on the williams is actually £200 cheaper than what it was for the hybrid the previous year! Just need to shop around.

alex_blue16v
17-02-2007, 21:49
cheers boys, looks like ive got some thinking to do. A williams would be good but i dont know if i wanna start molesting one, thats the only problem.

cheers for the help
alex

2 live
18-02-2007, 01:06
molesting one in which way mate?

id agree...........a williams with a bodykit is a no no in my book.......but a willliams with eng mods, is all good.

not being funny, but once uv sampled the delights of a tuned williams...nowt else will satisfy

number1
18-02-2007, 12:35
well unless your like me and got most of your widetrack for free :wink: :P

Similar to me then, got an F7R 710 bottom end for free, and just got a gasflowed Williams Head from a deal with my old cammed 16v motor, needed a sump n oil pump which i got from a knackered valver motor, need to rebuild it all just to be on the safe side and drop it all in :) the only thing ive bought so far is a set of tensioners and a water pump, needing cams next and an ecu then gotta dig deep :D

Dave

alex_blue16v
19-02-2007, 09:45
i think that i will be going for a williams after all boys cheers for the advice now i gotta start saving hard.

cheers alex