PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy - ITG Maxogen for Willy/Valver

BRUN
10-05-2005, 18:56
would anyone on here be interested in this ?

its proven to be the best kit for the newer Clio's, and the Renault F1 team use ITG filters

they will do it as long as they have 10 confirmed orders minimum, i spoke to the fella in charge today at length about it, and he might even attend the FCS to speak to club members

Steve a
10-05-2005, 19:44
Might be but not at anywhere near £300 :shock:

Jan
10-05-2005, 19:48
How much are they? and what power gains could you expect over a k&n?

KingStromba
10-05-2005, 19:58

**** all. Paper filter in oe box just as good.

summeh
10-05-2005, 23:41

at least 15bhp ;)

KingStromba
10-05-2005, 23:42
I heard 10bhp, unless you put the sticker on the drivers door, in which case its 20 bhp :wink:

BRUN
10-05-2005, 23:53
Stromba, ITG are not your normal filter maker like K&N etc, rather than over hype the products they do, they let them speak for themselves, the quality of them is second to none

please jus stop talking shite in my thread...

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:07
Sorry Brun, but Jan asked how much power they give. I personally dont think any filter will give more than a NEW paper filter in a WILLIAMS.

UNLESS, you run cooling ducts or bonnet modifications.

Bearing in mind a new paper filter is a few pounds from Reno, i think filters are a waste of money. The only reason i run a green is because when wet / dirty, they will lose less power than a paper filter when wet / dirty.

Show me any evidence that any filters provide increases in power, unless accompanied by bonnet / ducting mods.

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:08
Sorry Brun, but Jan asked how much power they give. I personally dont think any filter will give any more power than a NEW paper filter in a WILLIAMS.

UNLESS, you run cooling ducts or bonnet modifications.

Bearing in mind a new paper filter is a few pounds from Reno, i think filters are a waste of money. The only reason i run a green is because when wet / dirty, they will lose less power than a paper filter when wet / dirty.

Show me any evidence that any filters provide increases in power, unless accompanied by bonnet / ducting mods.

BRUN
11-05-2005, 00:20
well one of the main advantages mate of the foam type of filter is that they can go AGES without needing to be cleaned

because they are quite a deep filtration medium, they can store a lot of dust/dirt before it starts to affect filtration

thats one advantage, yes its nothin to do with power, but it could be if you dont change your filters

the ITG Maxogen IS expensive, i agree, its £300+.....which might not actually be worth it, part of its appeal, to me anyway, is its look, im a sucker for carbon fibre, plus, i like to know that ive got the best i could of something, id rather spend extra and get the best filter for those extra few bhp, because if you apply that to every area of the car, it all adds up, you of all people being such an anal perfectionist would surely agree with that :)

ITG simply wouldnt make it if they didnt think they could extract a few extra bhp from the engine, i spoke to the general manager today, and he spoke at length about how differently they do things to everyone else, they dont spend loads on advertising, they prefer to put that money into the product, making it the best it could possibly be, which to be honest i prefer, lots of people now use the ITG elements, which are cheaper than the likes of K&N and most people seem to say they are better

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:24
Paper filter is about £3. Is this filter really 300 times better?

Not starting an argument, just asking? i know liitle about them.

lagerlout1
11-05-2005, 00:25
carbon fibre has crap thermal retention capabilities, meaning it doesnt store heat. Surely this as to be an improvement over a black plastic box?
Unless you plan on doing/already have other mods I don't think it's worth it but if your tuning your motor, it's a must imho.

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:29
But the airflow into the airbox will be quick enough that the air temp will not increase as it is not in contact with the black plastic long enough.

The oe airbox is simply there to make sure that the air entering the intake is brought up from fog lamp area, rather than the engine surrounds.

I suggest even a metal box would not have any air in contact with it long enough to increase intake air temp.

If you want to increase your power, then i suggest you tape up all the fine cracks and holes in the oe airbox that are between the joints in the different parts.

BRUN
11-05-2005, 00:30
the carbon will definitely help matters, especially in summer

stromba they are a good product and not your usual over hyped rubbish, for the £300 it would have to be good quality and produce a genuine gain, none of this claimed 15bhp bollocks, its not what they are about

BRUN
11-05-2005, 00:33
I suggest even a metal box would not have any air in contact with it long enough to increase intake air temp.

it would mate, from owning the 5GTT engine, and reading up a lot on intake temps, they really can affect the performance quite a bit, and heat from things that the air goes through on its way to the engine can warm it up

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:33
So i spend £300 and i gain what 3bhp? Lets say for sake of argument (although i dont sgree until i see proof).

So thats £100 per bhp gained. Hardly cost effective.

Spend that £300 on some of Marks 4 pots on an identical car and which do you think would be faster round a track? :D

BRUN
11-05-2005, 00:34
usual gains are more than 3bhp

5-7 seems to be the norm...

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:35
Well K and N claim 5 bhp from a panel filter costing £30. Is this filter 10 times better than that?

BRUN
11-05-2005, 00:35
you probably wouldnt gain 5bhp from the K&N

possibly 1-3

KingStromba
11-05-2005, 00:37
I thought the unwritten law was you need to gain 10%+ of the cars power in a modification to even feel it.

BRUN
11-05-2005, 00:51
Mr T's thoughts on the situation (http://www.mrtvseverything.com/sounds/ba_no_orders_chipmunk.wav)