PDA

View Full Version : FAO Nurburgring'ers - IMPORTANT!!!

J o n
14-02-2007, 14:30
right, can those that are going or with to go to the Ring on the 10 day Euro Fest with WC please take a look at the following:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19237

We need people's input to get this rolling and ideas and suggestions as it's taken almost 6 months to just finalise a date to go on.

I've put up a link to a Nordschleife guide of how to get there, where to stay etc so can people please let me know there preferences, as tbh I'm going to be a selfish bastard and just book something for myself and the missus if no one else is bothering. I've never organised a trip like this before, local meets are one thing but I need everyone's help on this one if you wish to go... so come on, lets not miss out on this because we've been to idle to organise something in decent time. Remember, earlier we book cheaper it will work out!!!

Oh, can a moderator please make this a sticky thread for me please.

Zollo
14-02-2007, 15:09
I worked out how to do something! Sweet!

...Sticky sorted 8)

lewis_willy2
14-02-2007, 17:16
im up for it. not sure if i'll be with the missus or a m8 but i live like 5 minutes from the channel tunnel so all good for me :D

has anyone booked the crossing yet? or hotel/house?

i think Ringhaus - Altes Forsthaus St. Hubertus is the one to go to

Double/Twin: from €65
Hotel & restaurant. Bar. Lock up garages. Fully equipped race garage and mechanics. Ringtools for hire. Car park. Summer terrace. Bier garden. Hotel park. Television room. All rooms ensuite and freshly renovated with new bathrooms, etc. Wireless broadband in-room.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html.

the missus is out at the mo booking a holiday for her and a m8 so im gona do this if thats ok with you guys to tag along. payday in a couple of weeks so if anyone else is looking to book soon let me no.

lewis

J o n
14-02-2007, 17:19
yeah that one did look good, secure parking and wireless access is the seller for me!

Lewis, we've not booked anything yet, we're just finalising details and a route, we are as far as getting the Euro Tunnel and then to Calais, once there we need to decide where people want to go first, as we have 10 days there and we don't want to just go straight to the ring, although I anticipate we will be there about 5 days at a guess?

lewis_willy2
14-02-2007, 17:24
ye wireless is a good un and only 400 metres away. plus owners speak english.

when youve got some ideas get the route etc up. im cool with going to the dam and having a detoure round europe. could prob find cheap enough places to stay while on route.

i'll be keepin an eye on this thread :shock:

stevie_b
14-02-2007, 18:06
I'm interested. In fact the reason I'm building the Clio is predominantly as a car for trips to the Ring. I am unlikely to be able to make it out for the whole week though but would try and come for a weekend at either end. I do have a couple of questions though:

i) it is possible (some would say likely, due to having two kids under 3 years old!) that my Clio may not be finished by then. If so, are there any objections if I came in a car made by another marque?

ii) have I missed something or are the dates proposed ones in which the Ring is pretty much closed on the Saturdays and open for less than a couple of hours in the evening during the week? The only full days in that period are the Sundays, and I presume we'll be travelling back on one of those?

Zollo
14-02-2007, 18:11
ii) have I missed something or are the dates proposed ones in which the Ring is pretty much closed on the Saturdays and open for less than a couple of hours in the evening during the week? The only full days in that period are the Sundays, and I presume we'll be travelling back on one of those?

Ditto

J o n
14-02-2007, 18:21
i cant speak for ring times etc, as ive not personally looked into that as its not the reason im going, but i think everyone will understand that you are bringing kids and may have to bring another car.
Laura

stevie_b
14-02-2007, 18:28
but i think everyone will understand that you are bringing kids and may have to bring another car.

no, I probably wouldn't bring the kids. It's just that now I don't get much time to work on the car so it will probably still be in bits in August. :oops: So I'd have to do the trip in something else other than a Clio!?

Martin
16-02-2007, 11:06

Ditto

Bit of a weird choice of date I agree....would have thought the best way would be to do a weekend where it's open two full days...that would give everyone enough time on track to warrant the trip.

Taylor
16-02-2007, 11:43
As decided by admin, dates are final.
this trip isnt purely to go to the nurburg but a holiday too, with a trip through the swiss alps too.

the ring is open 5-9 each day we are there and longer at the weekend as as the prices have been listed , say each lap takes 10 mins ish, 6 laps a hour tahts like £120 each night if you go on 2 hours, dont think we need anymore than 4 hours a night lol

claire
16-02-2007, 12:00
I agree, no more than 4 laps needed. are you taking your car aswell laura or are you just going in jons?

Taylor
16-02-2007, 12:05
will just be going in jons, but will be sharing the driving most likely when find away around the insurance, ill be 20 by then so will see what can be done.

2 live
16-02-2007, 12:14
As decided by admin, dates are final.
this trip isnt purely to go to the nurburg but a holiday too, with a trip through the swiss alps too.

the ring is open 5-9 each day we are there and longer at the weekend as as the prices have been listed , say each lap takes 10 mins ish, 6 laps a hour tahts like £120 each night if you go on 2 hours, dont think we need anymore than 4 hours a night lol

10 mins a lap :shock:

wot u doin....fukkin crawlin round??

claire
16-02-2007, 12:21
well as the precious williams of andys wont be going im sure he wont be crawling. Just glad its not my car :lol:

Zollo
16-02-2007, 12:46
10 mins a lap :shock:

wot u doin....f**kin crawlin round??

You could be lucky and get to use the GP circuit too. In which case, that's about right for a lap. Or even if it's just the usual northern loop, by the time you've slowed to come off the circuit, driven through the car park thingy and then gone back through the tolls, you'll be doing well to do a lap every 10 minutes :shock:

... But I know you didn't mean it like that! What lap times you hoping for? Sub 9 mins easy, I'd guess :twisted:

2 live
16-02-2007, 12:59
lol...havent a clue mate...spose it depends on which car i take and what spec its runnin.....seeing as to this will be my first visit ...i would imagine late 9s .......but like i say....i dont really know what time id b able to do it in....i know 1 thing tho..im damn sure i can beat that clarkson guy in a fukkin weasel lol.

Chris n`nic
16-02-2007, 13:13
It is usually timed as BTG (Bridge to Gantry iirc) so the only variable is how much speed you can get up as you pass the bridge at the start. And the gantry is ages b4 you need to slow down after your lap so shouldn't be an issue really

Chris

stevie_b
16-02-2007, 15:53
the ring is open 5-9 each day we are there

It's 5:45 to 7:30 most of the days proposed. That is less than 2 hours a night. I know I would want to give my car a decent rest between runs too, not just pound round on laps every 10 mins.

longer at the weekend

Not on the Saturdays that you are going. 18:00 - 19:30 on 18th (1.5 hours) and 17:30 - 19:30 (2 hours) on 25th.

I know how difficult these things are to organise, so I'm certainly not proposing to change the dates - just letting you know what the opening hours are so you can plan your trip accordingly - no point rushing down there from Rotterdam or whatever if it is going to be closed when you arrive. If you are on a holiday and just 'taking it in' then it may not really be an issue for you anyway.

Zollo/Martin and any others that might be interested in popping over just for a weekend when the track is open for the full weekend let me know and maybe we can head over together as I would definitely like to go this year, and it would be nice to travel with some other people off here.

Andy
16-02-2007, 19:03
well a few hours is fine by me changing dates is a no go ...

your doing well laura/ claire keep on it

i have my handsfull preparing my new track weapon

Stoker Willi 1 303
21-02-2007, 01:03
hi all as i can't post on the link at the top i'l tell you and hopefully you all agree its ok if i tag along. so count me in :P . get paid this fri so i'l book the tunnel then. :lol:
do we need to book the actual ring or will there be a pay on the day option, or are you pre booking for however many people decide to come. still tryin to talk the missus into coming but told her i need to know before fri.

Nathan- Yes :twisted:
Emma-maybe :(