PDA

View Full Version : NEWBEE WITH QUESTION

ADY347
12-02-2007, 21:06
Hi people, i decided to purchase a toy for the weekend and decided on a williams clio. i have found a car at one of these salvage places. it has had all the windows smashed and keyed all over. it hasnt been stolen but basically the battery was dead, so i got a boost pack on it and without the key even in the ignition the start motor turned over briefly then stopped, and smoke started coming from the terminals of the boost pack!! i also noticed when i tried to connect the pack sparks came off the terminal clamps that you touch to the battery. any ideas? its a 1993 and covered 85,000 miles. i have left a £50 deposit and due to go back the weekend if i decide to buy. they want £1000 for it.

MAXIBOY
12-02-2007, 21:16
depends if you want the work. there selling for 2000 without the damage. glass is cheap secondhand except the windscreen around 100 new and fitted. if its been keyed all around a full respray will cost 500 to a 1000. starter problem just might a jammed ignition barrel of starter solenoid. would not let that put you off.

ADY347
12-02-2007, 21:19
thanks for that, brother is a paint sprayer by trade which will save a bit, problem is he lives 250 miles away!!

MAXIBOY
12-02-2007, 21:24
yeah and you can choose the colour. mat brown or winston on here will have what you need secondhand glass ignition parts etc. put a listup in wanted ifyou decide to buy.

nyk
12-02-2007, 21:40
I'd def be looking at buying it, especially if your brother is a paint sprayer and you can get the work done for next to nowt. It would be worth what they want for it in bits alone.

:lol:

Matty86
12-02-2007, 23:18
just as an offside, I tried my hand at wet sanding today

Tackled a few key marks/scratches and the result is spot on.

Basically filled in the areas with a touch up pen from reno (one kit goes miles), waited for it to dry, sanded with a sanding block and 2500grit whilst keeping it all wet and sanding in the same direction - no back and forth.

Finally gave it a good dose of Scratch-X. Now looks as good as new, I'll get some pics up tomorrow :)