PDA

View Full Version : carbon bits

will 2
12-02-2007, 00:14
anyone tell me where or who sells the carbon fibre covers, ta :)

MAXIBOY
12-02-2007, 00:50
don,t think anyone does any more. carbon nut used to and door panels but has stopped trading. so now secondhand only i think

will 2
12-02-2007, 01:07
bummer, :(

will have to stick a wanted up then :cry:

Joel
12-02-2007, 01:11
winston has carbon fibre door cards somwere

will 2
12-02-2007, 01:22
its the covers i'm after more than the door cards,

i'm in the middle of restoring the car at the moment and i'm in engine bay mode for the minit :)

MAXIBOY
12-02-2007, 01:39
we need to find somebody to make these again. i will call reverie tomorrow. any one know any one else

stevie_b
12-02-2007, 10:13
ReVerie are less than 5 minutes down the road from me. My car is in hundreds of bits at the moment too, so if there are any parts you need them to copy I am happy to pop down there and lend them one of mine as a template?

MAXIBOY
12-02-2007, 14:14
well the parts every one used to get are

1. spark plug cover
2. manifold shield
3. engine top mount cover

but also useful depending on price

4. bulkhead heatshield
5. front and rear door cards

if you could get a price and maybe quantity maybe we could arrange a group buy. cheers steve. i would do it but as your only down the road it will be easier as you can show them the parts.

thanks for the offer

stevie_b
15-02-2007, 21:27
Have been in touch with ReVerie. Offered to go down there with all the parts so they could measure up and hang on to them for a bit if they wanted to make moulds, etc. They said they were too busy to look into it at the moment but would be in touch when 'things go quieter'. They also pointed out that they do an induction kit for the Clio 182, in case anyone is interested?!?

I'll post an update if they get back in touch with me.

MAXIBOY
15-02-2007, 21:35
cheers mate

will 2
15-02-2007, 22:20
tidy 8)

MAXIBOY
26-02-2007, 12:44
right sent and e-mail to carbon mods and got this reply

Hi Neil,

We do manufacture ALL the items on our site, this is why the range is limited (but growing) and you won’t see our products anywhere else.

Engine covers and door cards and the like are within our scope but carbon fibre bonnets are a hugely complicated process involving very high precision and matched moulding. There are also a lot of companies in the Far East manufacturing bonnets at prices that would not be easy to match in the UK . I am aware that there are many bonnets that are not covered by Far East manufacturers but you have to think, if they’re not doing them then it’s probably because the sales aren’t there.

To produce tools for a carbon fibre bonnet would be in the region of £3000+; that means we’d have to sell a LOT of bonnets to even break even.

Back to the door cards, engine covers and the like… If you have any pattern parts that you could supply to us we could greatly reduce development costs and time by working from existing parts. If you or anyone from any of the forums you’re in can spare parts for a spell then I’m sure we could take a serious look at those bits for you.

Best regards,

Matt

Right there based in

Carbon Mods
Churnet Hall
Cheddleton
Staffordshire
ST13 7HL

Is there any one close that could take a few items down. or could the club as a whole sort a set out and post them there. this way we could sell them though the club maybe. whats every body,s thought,s

cheers maxiboy.

Stoker Willi 1 303
27-02-2007, 19:44
i'd have the engine compartment/covers in carbon mate but i can't help with sorting out spare parts at mo, a bit far away. :wink: have you got any prices if not what did the old 1ns go for. :?: