PDA

View Full Version : De-Cat Troubles

MattyH16valver
12-02-2007, 00:06
Hi, I tried to fit a de-cat yesterday onto my williams which has a magnex exhuast, after buying it from someone on here who had it fitted to a williams 3 with a magnex and standard manifold. When I went to offer it up, I noticed that the lip on the flange for the manifold was to big to fit inside the de-cat. How could this be if it fitted onto another williams manifold? Does the size holes on the willy manifolds differ? Heres some pics of the de-cat anyway...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Joiner1986/IM000842.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Joiner1986/IM000843.jpg

Lee Keefy
13-02-2007, 20:45
I take it by you saying the lip, the flange on the end of the willy downpipe is not right at the end?

If that is the case would it not be easier to trim the lip off so the flange is flush with the end?

Then the flush end of the decat would be bolted up with a gasket and exhaust paste.

If you could PM me with a pic of the problem on the downpipe I might be able to shed a bit more light on it before you go and buy another decat, and have the same problem.

MattyH16valver
13-02-2007, 23:18
I take it by you saying the lip, the flange on the end of the willy downpipe is not right at the end?

If that is the case would it not be easier to trim the lip off so the flange is flush with the end?

Then the flush end of the decat would be bolted up with a gasket and exhaust paste.

If you could PM me with a pic of the problem on the downpipe I might be able to shed a bit more light on it before you go and buy another decat, and have the same problem.

The lip on the end of the manifold is to big to fit inside the end of the de-cat, one end its normally bigger that the other to allow u to do this. I'll have to get some pics this weeend. Dont want to have to start cutting bits off the manifold.

arj256
14-02-2007, 00:01
Is the decat a devil one by anychance?

MattyH16valver
14-02-2007, 00:07
Is the decat a devil one by anychance?
Not sure m8 cos i bought it off someone off here....what does that mean if it is?

arj256
14-02-2007, 00:09
Found that devil exhausts used a smaller pipe diameter than whats usually used.
So when i fitted my decat i had to grind away the flange on my decat, to make it fit.

MattyH16valver
14-02-2007, 00:13
Found that devil exhausts used a smaller pipe diameter than whats usually used.
So when i fitted my decat i had to grind away the flange on my decat, to make it fit.
Nasty....I could do it...but cant say I can be bothered with all that grinding shit....may just buy one that fits...any suggestions?

1fast6
14-02-2007, 10:18
Chap just go to powerflow and get a custom s/s one made up for £50. No hassle then.

MattyH16valver
14-02-2007, 14:57
Chap just go to powerflow and get a custom s/s one made up for £50. No hassle then.
Sounds a better idea to me m8....cheers.