PDA

View Full Version : vviibbrrattiinngg ccaarr

kj16v
11-02-2007, 00:17
Took my car to the garage to try to repair an oil leak (which they didn't fix). Anyway, that's by-the-by. On the way back I was driving very slowly when there was a "clonk" from the front-passenger side and the car started vibrating.

I can't see anything out of place and the dog-bone mount looks intact. The car vibrates even when its stood still in neutral. What could it be - broken gearbox mount?

2 live
11-02-2007, 00:28
gearbox mount under the battery tray.

Stoker Willi 1 303
11-02-2007, 00:50
who fitted your last cluth we had a rav-4 in work not so long ago with 2 bolts missing out of the clutch plate. had the same symptoms some micky mouse garage did the job a month ago, other than than its possible a loose flywheel. what did the garage do if any thing atall to your car when it was in. need more detail to be honest does it get worse the more you rev it and a vibration or a shaking of the engine, similar to a buckeled wheel while driving ! :?: :!:

kj16v
12-02-2007, 08:56
Cheers 2 Live. I know where it is - I mentioned it! :P

It's going straight back to the garage today! The oil leak doesn't really have anything to do with it except that, if it is the gearbox mount, he probably broke it by jacking the engine up to high. Checking the leak involves removing the top engine mount.

The clutch hasn't been touched since I've had the car - over a year. If it was the clutrch plate, wouldn't you have trouble engaging the clutch?