PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator Cable Design Change

Swervin_Mervin
09-02-2007, 14:39
Anyone had one recently? I've fitted one before to ULF but was a bit perplexed when I fitted one to PCC.

They appear to have changed the design, particularly around the area where the clip/adjuster is. Then thing hardly slides through the grommet at all, and it took me sodding ages to get the grommet in in the first place.

Seems to work ok, but the adjustment with teh clip is far less so the clip is now all the way back as far as it will go.

Pedal seems fine apart from when you open up the second butterfly and it seems to have gone quite stiff. Traced everything and cant find a thing wrong. Checked the part no. and it's the correct one.

Is this a case of Renault re-designing something and making it worse?

dan 16v
09-02-2007, 14:50
Seems strange to redesign something for our older cars. Why would they waste their time on it? They must just be from a different supplier or something.

Swervin_Mervin
09-02-2007, 16:33
Might be they use the same part on newer models.

dan 16v
09-02-2007, 17:31
Yes or that :)

Really hoping mine doesnt go soon, already had to be towed away when my clutch cable broke while i was about to reserve out of my drive at home :(

Clio_GTT
09-02-2007, 17:42
A teacher asks her class, ''If there are 5 birds sitting on a fence and you shoot one of them, how many will be left?'' She calls on little Johnny.

''None, they all fly away with the first gunshot.''

The teacher replies, ''The correct answer is 4, but I like your thinking.'' Then Little Johnny says, ''I have a question for YOU. There are three women sitting on a bench having ice cream. One is delicately licking the sides of the triple scoop of ice cream. The second is gobbling down the top and sucking the cone. The third is biting off the top of the ice cream. Which one is married?''

The teacher, blushing a great deal, replies, ''Well I suppose the one that's gobbled down the top and sucked the cone.''

''The correct answer is the one with the wedding ring on...but I like your thinking.''

ollie16v
10-02-2007, 12:12
I just fitted one to, i couldnt get the gromet to fit through so i had to trim it. It is the same length as the old one and works fine if not better.

drsmith1979
10-02-2007, 13:22
just ordered one this morning so hoping i dont have any trouble fitting it! haha

BristolSam16v
10-02-2007, 16:40
I couldn't fit the gromit in either, in the end I removed the gromit from the plastic bit, then fitted it in the hole but now the plastic bit doesnt fit through the gromit :( works good though, nice n smooth!

ollie16v
10-02-2007, 18:54
I just cut the gromit in half so at least you get some sort of seal.

Swervin_Mervin
11-02-2007, 00:00
WD40 on the rubber and it slipped through. :wink: