PDA

View Full Version : todays faults, tomorrows bill ! how much for this lot ?

fasterthanjesus
08-02-2007, 17:02
1. Car stalls when cold. Revs drop to below 600. Problem ok when warmed up.

2. Drivers door lock doesn’t operate from central locking.

3. Blowers don’t work well when on windscreen. Especially on drivers side.

4. Low fuel bulb out.

5. High temperature bulb often flickers on, especially when turning left.

6. De-cat pipe needs fitting.

7. Nearside mirror doesn’t work with driver controls.

8. Noise from PAS when cold. (belt/fluid?).

9. internal light switch doesn’t operate either light.

dan-hipgrave
08-02-2007, 20:12
1. I have this problem too - been trying to solve it for months without success. Try testing the coolant temp sensor (in thermostat housing) and cold start injector. Could also be lambda sensor. If you solve this problem let me know lol

2.Not my forte. Wiring issues maybe...

3.Im pretty sure the control on the dash has a metal rod that pulls/pushes on a part in the 'air distribution unit' behind the dash. If this rod has become bent or loose it would mean the air wouldnt get directed where you want it to.

4. Easy to replace, whip off top of dash then instrument cluster out and replace bulb.

5. Hmm..again possible wiring issues, not too sure on this one..

6. Go to a friendly exhaust centre and get it sorted. My local place charged me a tenner for decat fitting, and he also had to cut and weld it back together as it was too long!

7. New mirror probably tenner at most.

8. Common problem. Try just tightening the aux belt for starters. Could also try a fluid change with some slick 50 stuff. If not then replace pump for good secondhand unit..

9. Mine has this - the switch has to be pressed fairly hard for lights to operate. Ensure the trim is all bolted in place ok. Worst case is it needs a new switch, not much money at all..

Basically if you're handy with a spanner those are all the sort of jobs where the parts are a couple of quid and doing it yourself will save on the labour a garage would charge :D

Tuor
21-02-2007, 03:05
If by driver door lock not working when pushing button on key, you mean the the lil stick thing dont go up and down but u can still open the door with the key then i think thts the solanoid gone m8.

my rear left door does tht, was playing up for awhile then it but packed up alltogether now i have to unlock it manually.