PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Conversion - Components Required

mikeymikewakey
07-02-2007, 20:55
Hey guys...

Before too long I should be returning to the williams scene.

However, Im going one step further and having a Throttle Body Conversion;

Is there anyone that could list the compnents I need and recommended manufacturers? Thanks

Mike

Clio_GTT
07-02-2007, 21:16
rather than throwing together a mish mash of parts its better to get a package from say benr or craig stan

DaveH
07-02-2007, 21:23
I think the kit comes pretty much complete but would also need sufficient management and then remapping.

The other thing ive heard is a problem is the rad being in the way of the bodies and so would either need modifying (lowering down) or one of the smart looking smaller rads that i think the above-mentioned lads do.

As said, it can be done for a considerably cheeper price but will never be right and as the manufacturers intend.

stan
07-02-2007, 22:33
I can supply the parts Mike, or do the whole thing. Give me a bell.

Custom rad is best solution.

No reason for any problems if its done right.

jwarren2k2
09-02-2007, 01:30
ive got a F7R 710 megane head (best head if ur doing TB conversion) which ive taken off an 80k engine, was gona do the TB concversion myself, but its on hold until i get some money together so need to sell this head!

Its standard and built at the moment, but will rebuild the head in the next 2 weeks once my MOT is out the way.

I shall...

strip the head, acid dip, bead blast and reface valves, new stem seals chemical wash the springs, collets, retainers and bases, fit new hydraulic lifters, cut valve seats to 3 angles (can fit larger valves+seats if required) and gas flow it with standard megane cams, or can supply piper or , dare i say it, kent cams.

PM me if you're interested.

James

DaveH
10-02-2007, 01:41
Is it the megane head that allows you to run independant t/b's and the willy head that you have to run them paired, or is it the other way around?