PDA

View Full Version : Electrics Help

Swervin_Mervin
06-02-2007, 15:16
Righty then peeps. I have 2 odd problems with the new car.

1: The n/s brake light doesn't work. I've actually swapped the clusters for the new ones from ULF yet it still doesn't work. The lights however work no probs. Presumably there's a problem close to the cluster in the wiring then? I even swapped over the short section of earth cabling that clips behind the bumper on the n/s.

2: The heater blower doesn't work on speed 3. I've swapped it for the one from ULF including the rheostat, knowing that ULF's worked fine, and still the fastest speed doesn't work. I even tested each pin on teh multiplug for each speed setting and they all read 12v. :?

3: When I put the dash back together I seem to have 3 wiring sockets in the n/s front footwell that are all un-connected. I can't remember if they were connected but none of the 3 seem to match up so I can only assume they were always unplugged. Everything, apart from heater speed 3 and the rear brake light seems to work ok.

Confused

BRUN
06-02-2007, 18:55
i dont understand your first part, you say they dont work, then that they do ???

MatBrown
07-02-2007, 02:00
i dont understand your first part, you say they dont work, then that they do ???

Think he means the bulbs are fine.

Mat.

MatBrown
07-02-2007, 02:02
2: The heater blower doesn't work on speed 3. I've swapped it for the one from ULF including the rheostat, knowing that ULF's worked fine, and still the fastest speed doesn't work. I even tested each pin on teh multiplug for each speed setting and they all read 12v. :?

Try just wiggling the plug to the rheostat with the blowers on 3 and ingition on, if they work when you wiggle it's just a poor contact, get a small screwdriver and close the gaps up on the plug.

Mat.